springhouse "easy pop-up' greenhouse

Newfield, NY(Zone 5a)

For the last several years I've been running out of space in my main greenhouse, so this year I couldn't resist the "SpringHouseClear", portable, storable greenhouse, which cost a couple hundred dollars. It's 78 x 72 x 72 and only cost a couple hundred. We set it up this weekend, and I'm really pleasantly suprised. Okay, it didn't come with instructions and one of the little installation things was a tad hard to figure out, but we got there. Now it's full of my cooler weather seedlings while the main greenhouse stays warmer for germination and the tomatoes and peppers. The best part is, in a few months I can tuck it into its carrying case and store it. I'm really pleased with it.

Edisto Island, SC(Zone 8b)

cally...that is a nice set up...thanks for posting...virginia

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

That is neat, my neighbor needs to see it. Does it vent at the top?

South Wales, NY

I have one of those portable pop-up greenhouses also. I put it up in March and take it down the first week of June. I paid 142 dollars for it. I love it! Its 8X8X8 ft.and survived a few wind storms and even 4 inches of snow. My hubby and I put it up in about 20 minutes. The whole thing weights about 25 pounds and is made of heavy duty frosted plastic that folds up into about a 2 foot square package that fits in its own storage case. It has 2 doors that zip...one on each end for cross ventilation on hot sunny days. The doors are heavy duty plastic and when you unzip them it has another door that zips but its a screen! I have a little ceramic heater I use at night or on cold cloudy days. I start the seeds of tomatoes, peppers, marigolds, etc. in the house then move them out to the little greenhouse as soon as they sprout.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

I'm curious - any idea how much warmer the temps are in the pop-up at night? Using a heater would be great, but what if you did not use one?

Gainesville, FL

I have had a pop up for about 8 years. I bought mine from ACF. Its called a "Groenhaus" and was made in Sweden. It has been a great thing to have. I put it over a planted bed every late November and am getting ready to take it down this week. Mine has 12 mil woven poly as the cover and its very sturdy. I use a small ceramic heater that has a thermostat on it on freezing nights, it keeps it 50+ easily

Newfield, NY(Zone 5a)

Katye, I haven't put a thermometer in the pop-up yet, but plan to, because I do want to know who much warmer it is at night without the heater. Should be getting a thermometer this weekend. Since I'm going to want to start hardening my seedlings, I'll be letting the termperatures get pretty cool at night and will try not to use the heater.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.