Mole beans

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I quite a few mole beans if anyone is interested for a trade or SASBE. I don't know the colors of them but all are beautiful plants.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

What is a mole bean?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

They kill moles in your yard and a lot of people like them for their foliage I really don't know what the latin name is for them but will try to look them up and let you know OK? They get really big too almost like a small tree I think.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

OMG I NEED those..........LOL

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Could they be Castor beans?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes they are castor beans.
Higurera Infernial ricinus commeries ?
There are ones called zanzibarensis and impala

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I never knew castor beans chased away moles.How much do you need for shipping?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

If you just send a small Bubble with I would say 2 stamps should be enough.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

OK,I tape a white piece of paper on top of the envy and all you need to do is take it off.That way I only use one envy....LOL.Ole cheapo me.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Thats fine with me. LOL I am as cheap as I can get too. :)

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

A word about Ricinus. It is very poisonous and the seed pods and seeds are really pretty making them attractive to children. If you have small kids or pets I would not plant Castor. 1 ingested seed can kill a child.

http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants/toxicagents/ricin.html

X

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes I know this but Thanks anyway.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

They also spread like wildfire. My barn cat is lethal on ground moles. I love that cat!!!!

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

CajuninKy there ya go..A new business..The sign could read something like (Will rid your yard of moles)...Dose your cat like to travel..LOL

Tubby

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

He seldom gets far from the barn, thankfully. He is our 3rd and best barn cat to date and I hope we have him for a very long time.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Well we have no children at home any more ,the one and only is 22 and moved out.And live next to a main highway,cats always see something across the road and don't make it back.And I can't handle that.So MOLE BEANS for me!!!!!!!!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Sounds like a plan!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.