Looking for Dizzy Love

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

Anyone out there have this cultivar?

Raleigh, NC

well, I'm always dizzy these days, and I'm crazy in love....not what you were after, right?

LOL

have you got any facts on it?

No, except the Shepards no longer have it and no one else has it, and the person here at Dave's never dmailed me back.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

The person here at Dave's may one day wake up and read his/her email. Have you checked him/her out in address exchange? I am always hopeful.

Raleigh, NC

no, I meant hybridizer, year of intro, colors, etc? if not I can look it up for you in a couple days -

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I looked it up. D.L. Shepherd is the hybridizer and the Shepherd's don't have it. It was introduced n 2004 and is already gone! Only 4 years later? Makes me wonder if it was a very strong cultivar.

Raleigh, NC

probably not. maybe shouldn't have been introduced, or might have been their swan song and everyone grabbed them all up to remember them by. Have you considered taking an ad out in their local paper near their farm?

No, and you maybe right, it may be one of those weaker cultivars, but I do know someone does have it out there, especially since it was an 2004 intro, I have asked every iris nursery/hybridizer out there and they do not have either. Rocky Top use to have it and no longer carry it.

Thank You pajaritomt, for typing the information.

Raleigh, NC

well, your best bet is if someone local to him got it. if it's not a great grower or good for breeding, or great seller, the places like Rocky Top will dump it.

in my experience, locals may not keep the labels (unless they know to) but they buy a lot from a grower. take an ad in the nearest newpaper to them, and contact their local AIS chapter, too.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, the AIS chapter is an excellent bet. Maybe they have an email list they can post your request on. Or maybe the President will know.

Good idea, Thank You

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

Shepards retired four years ago and sold off every iris locally. Contact our Phoenix iris society to see if any one has it.

http://www.suncountryiris.org/

Thank You!!!!

I just tried that website and was unsuccessful, is there another web address or email? Thank You Again

Hebron, KY

Cindy,

If you ever find Dizzy Love, would you let me know please? If I ever find it, I'll let you know. I'm interested in it also.

Thanks!

Marilyn

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

The suncountry website worked fine for me just a minute ago. Must have been rebooting or something when you tried.

I just contacted your local club instead.

Hebron, KY

I contacted them earlier today also, but I think I sent my message to the wrong email address.

Oops! LOL I didn't know who to contact on the website and I saw the email address at the bottom of the page, so I emailed that person. E-mail Contact: WebMaster: Jeffrey Kurtzeman

Here's the email I got back.......

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks for your request. I have forwarded the message to two of the main members of our society to research your request. Even though I am still the webmaster for the society, these days I have been transplanted to northern Missouri and therefore cannot easily research your request here.

I hope either Ardi Kary or Francelle Edwards can help you with this. In any case, these are two of the most active iris people in Arizona.

Good luck,
Jeff Kurtzeman

That was very nice of him! :-)

Okay, if they contact you back about it same here, let me know.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

Ardi is the contact you need. Good Luck. Glad I could be of assistance. I sure miss Don & Bobbie Shepard.

Hebron, KY

2ndChance,

Thanks for your help! Hope Cindy and I get a rhizome each! :-)

Cindy,

Of course! :-)

Marilyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.