Show Us Your Blooms!!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I trotted out to the yard to take pictures of the "early" daffodils today. Despite the fact that I'm not a great photographer, I still want to show off what's blooming right now, & see what's up in your gardens!
I tried to collect one of every kind of daffodil that's blooming right now.
Pat

Thumbnail by goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

And here's the weeping cherry that we can see from the living room windows. Seems like quite a few branches have decided they're going up, not down.
Pat

Thumbnail by goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

And here's one of my babies-- my frittilaria persica, with the blooms just starting to open up.
Pat

Thumbnail by goshsmom

Oh, they're so pretty! You have a great daffy collection. The cherry is nice too.
Please post a pic of the frittilaria persica when it's in full bloom too. Hubby wanted one last year and I'd like to know what they look like. Is it easy to grow around here?

I don't have much blooming in the yard but I have a couple pics from the last few days. Let me look for them...

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

This is 'Pink Charm', I think, received in trade 2 yrs ago, my very fav daff! The pic was taken at night with the porch light on and flash of course. Variegated Iris poking up in front of it.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Here's a daytime pic of 'Pink Charm' and the variegated iris.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Here's my next fav daff. Don't know the name of this one but I think of it as Happy Face, it always makes me smile :) It blooms outside our bedroom window. Neal, do you know what this one is?

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Made a couple bouquets(sp?)yesterday, one for me and one for a friend. This is the last Hyacinth blooms, boo hoo, and grape Hyacinth 'Alba'. Daff 'Misty Glen' is in there, too if you can see it nodding it's head. I dislike that in this daff, it's hard to enjoy it's beauty because it's always hanging it's head.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

This daff has creamy white petals and yellow ruffled cup, very pretty. Sorry, not a very good pic. Neal, do you know what this one is? It came with the pink ones.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Grape Hyacinth 'Alba' blooming now but took this pic last spring.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

This is Hyacinth 'Jan Bos'

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Hyacinth 'Peter Stuyvesant'

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Hyacinth 'Splendid Cornelia'

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Hyacinth 'Woodstock'

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

And the double daffs are just starting to bloom. They are my last daffs of the season. Next to bloom will be the iris. And perhaps dianthus.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

And lastly is daff 'Misty Glen' with Phlox.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow-- all your stuff is wonderful, but I really like that "alba" muscari. I have some of the regulation purple, & some that's bi-color with dark bluish purple & then regular purple, but the white is really striking.
Pat

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Thanks, I love the white, too. If it comes up in a co-op again I'll grab a bunch cause I want them everywhere!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Love all your different daffs, Pat. Are you going to be at the RU? We could trade :) Going to get a weeping cherry one of these days, they're so pretty.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I haven't decided abt whther to go to the round up or not--- I keep looking on the map at how far away the bathrooms are -- LOL-- my bladder hassn't been behaving very well lately, & I'm not sure if I'll have any seedlings ready to trade. We'll see; I'd like to come if I can manage that stuff. I'd love to meet everyone in person.
Right now I'm hoping my frits aren't freezing their tops off. They were too high to cover properly.
Pat

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Pat, the place where the RU will be has bathrooms right on the site. That's one of the reasons we wanted it there! Hope you decide to come.

Wvdaisy, I love the variegated iris next to 'Pink Charm'. Very pretty.

This is 'Riot'

Thumbnail by valrita

'Sweet Love' with a visitor. It has a wonderful fragrance.

Thumbnail by valrita

Mondragon

Thumbnail by valrita

Martinette

Thumbnail by valrita

'Minnow' daffies
'Odalisque' tulip
Tulip turkestanica in the background

Thumbnail by valrita

I know these aren't blooming yet but the buds are so pretty.
Viburnum compactum

Thumbnail by valrita
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey folks! I'd completely overlooked this thread.

Pat, love the F.persica! I ordered a few a couple of years ago, but no blooms and only one has returned this year. How long have you had them?

Lana, lots of fabo color there! I think that Daff is Salome, which is staying yellow for me too. I have had them positioned so that they develop more pinkish color in the past. Love the white Muscari!

Velnita, you've been collecting some wonderful Daffs! Love all of them!

I think Lana's right, some of us Daffodil fanciers need to start trading a few of our special ones as we get increase!

Here are 'Precocious' and 'Salome'

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I really like the yellow/pink daffs, but only have a couple of varieties- they're so expensive! I've lucked into a couple on sale though, this one is 'Billy Graham'

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I love Pink Charm too, one of the pinkest and increases beautifully!

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

'Bell Song' the cup color was washed out a bit by the flash, its a soft color, but stronger than the pic shows.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Species tulip tarda with Hyacinth 'Carnagie'

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

This area is a mess right now, with a bunch of pretties blooming in it. It was part of the backhoe mess last fall and we just cut a tree down there that has provided the debris. Its a work in progress, but I had to show the bulbs blooming, Tulip 'Salmon Impression', Daffodils 'Decoy' (closest to the tulips), 'Pink Charm', 'Precocious', and 'Salome'

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

On the other side of the house I'm using orange/yellow and orange/white Daffs. 'Geranium' has just started opening- one of my very favorites! They smell wonderful!

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

'Tahiti', my favorite double to date.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Not a bunch of blooms yet but things are starting to show. Sagae Hosta.

Doug

Thumbnail by postmandug
Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Heuchera Miracle.

Thumbnail by postmandug
Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Bleeding Heart.

Thumbnail by postmandug
(Zone 5b)

I need to get out and take a few pix of the daffodils and the trees that are blooming.

Here's a special bouquet for all of you..

Thumbnail by BonnieIN
(Zone 5b)

I can't take credit for making these.. a friend sent me an email showing me them.

Too cute aren't they?

Happy Easter Everyone! (guess these should be bunnies)

Thumbnail by BonnieIN

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.