Some Blooms from my Florida Gardens 3

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

We are coming from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/947845/. The other thread was getting very slow!

This pretty "Fort Myers" hibiscus opened orange with yellow streaks yesterday. It is normally a bright yellow, and on its second day it was back to normal. Odd, but very pretty, don't you think???

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I love it Louise! I just went to one of my favorite Greenhouse's today and they had a whole room with hibiscus flowers in bloom. I had to drag DH out of there....they were 15.99 each and he was eyeing 3. We spent 123.00 without any Hibiscus!!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh, how exciting! What did you buy????? Don't you have a greenhouse you could grow some hibiscus's in?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I have a small GH that I don't heat. I have one Hibiscus in the house that was bought last summer and has continued to do well all winter.

My treasure hunting today yielded this:

Suters: 'Snowstorm Giant Snowflake'

Glads, 3 of each:
Video
Nori (almost blue)
Windsong
Mon Amour

Lily bulbs: 2 'Boogie Woogie'

Million Bells:
Saffron
Pink
Plum
Blue
Apricot Punch

Nemesia: 'Opal Innocence'

Fuchsia:
Ballerina Blue
Dollar Princess

Geranium:'Lemon'

Lobelia:
Laguna Trailing Dark Blue
White Star

Perennial Geranium: 'Jolly Bee'

Pansy's:
All are "Delta" series or "Delta Premium" series:
Persian Medley
Pure Yellow
Pink Shades
Formula

And this Geranium we bought for Auntie , she comes home this week from Englewood, Florida.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

My aunt lives in Englewood, also.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

oooooooooooooooh.........what a neat list of goodies!!! That geranium for Auntie is very pretty!! We have friends from our work in CT who have also bought a place in Englewood (very nice area, by the way), but they haven't retired yet. They are future playmates. LOL

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that imperial geranium is one of my favs Pixie!

Thomaston, CT

Louise, I would love a mandevilla vine, especially after Mona said she can use Safer soap on it. But what I would like even more would be for you to stop & see us on your way to son's house! We are 5 min. off route 8---20 min away from I-84---very easy to find! Your anniversary trip sounds wonderful---just what you need. We were also married in Dec., but never celebrate much because of Christmas----and my birthday!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Robin - if we decide to cut down the mandevillas, I will do my best to try to bring you some of it! Thank you so much for the invitation to stop by on our way to CT. I'll have to take a rain check, since we have had to cut our afternoon visit with my son short already because of the traveling in NC we'll be doing. I'd love to stop by at some point though!!

I'm so excited to show you all my blooming brugmansia that was just a foot tall when we left last year. It was a cutting from a sweet neighbor, and now it is just exploding with blooms and many more little bloom pods coming. What is neat about it, as you can see here is that the flowers are yellow before they open and then a rosy peach as soon as they open. Here is a shot that shows you both colors at once. Cool, huh?!

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

To my huge surprise, my much smaller brug in the front yard to the left of our front door also has begun to bloom. I couldn't see the blooms until I leaned down to pick up the hose underneath it. This is the one that is a cutting from Thomas Edison's very own brug. It also has lots more little buds plumping up!!

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Thomaston, CT

Gorgeous! You don't have to lug a mandevilla all the way here, Louise----and I'm sure we'll connect sometime this summer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.