1,001 Gardening Secrets

Paris, IL(Zone 6a)

I recently received an advertisement for a book titled "1,001 Gardening Secrets" and am wondering if it is worth the $28 cost. I am offered a 21 day grace period to preview the book. I think that's rooted in the idea that 23 days after receiving it I'll realize I don't need it and by then it's too late; I have to buy it since it wasn't returned in a timely manner.

I'm figuring it's a compilation of old wive's remedies for the garden that more often than not work or at least cause no harm. Twenty years ago I bought a "Home Remedies" book filled with useful info regarding health products found or can be made from supplies around the home. I'm picturing the author thought it a good idea to keep the compilation on the library shelf next to one's Bible. Each book contains information necessary for my day-to-day living. I remember much more of the Bible than I do the home remedies. Then again, I wasn't sent to Sunday School or Vacation School in the summer so I could study home remedies. I don't even know where the book is. Unfortunately, it could be next to my Bible without my knowing it.

I imagine most of the secrets won't be germane to gardening where I live. Knowing how to get rid of fire ants doesn't interest me much. We don't have any here.

Gary

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!