What to do next ?

Jacksonville, NC(Zone 8b)

I have never had Clematis before. I am a new gardener. My first shipment is on its way. I ordered Nirobe, bold clematis collection, versailles, Kingfisher and Will Godwin. I have no idea what to expect or what I should do first when I receive them. Can anyone give me some advice?
When I open the boxes, it will be my first time to even see the plant. I stumbled on to the clematis forum and loved the way they look. I have several areas that would do well with climbers.Does anyone know a site that I could get step by step info on caring for these beautiful vines?
Thanks-Lynda

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Lynda:

bumping this up so you will get some answers. I'm new to them myself and would be of no assistance.

You will love this addiction though....LOL

Janet

Baton Rouge, LA

The regulars on the forum have been most helpful in beginning a "sticky to be" thread. If you click on the links posted in that thread, you will find a wealth of info on the How to's of growing clematis. Here's a link to the sticky:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/959658/

I think several of the links in that thread will cover any questions you might have on getting started. I'm a newbie to clematis too, and those links have been a goldmine of info for me! Good luck, Ev =)

Delaware, OH

lynda, what is status of your plants?

Guru,thanks for asking-
Right now I just potted them and am waiting for them to grow some before I put the in their permanent home. I plan to put them on each end and in center along a privacy fence. I'm trying to keep a watchful eye on them. Can you think of anything else I should be doing?

Delaware, OH

no. are they showing signs of growth? what size pots?

I used gallon pots. The instructiions suggested it. Do you think that is good?

Delaware, OH

sounds good re gallons. keep them well watered , partial to full sun and keep us posted on growth.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.