Coffee Break #8 - It's April - no fooling!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Well I remember my grandfather, being quite tipsy after their 50th anniversary party, falling down, cracking open his head and going to the ER. I 10 yrs old. He was okay. Had a few stitches.

Thomaston, CT

Wow--got to watch all that celebrating! And I'm sorry I computed wrong---it was only 65 yrs for my parents---still amazing---my Mom was quite lost when my Dad died---she'd never written a check, ordered oil, called for yard work---we helped as much as we could, but I wish she had been more independent when she was younger. On a happier note, YEA to the Huskies!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Echoing your Yea to the Huskies. I lived in CT, moved to MA and now in OH.

I used to know a man that was affilliated with Uconn. He was in there as some type of something. Lou Cady

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

sorry to hear that Jan... hope she is ok

Victor my dad pulled that one at a retirement dinner he went to for one of his buddies... a dozen stitches in his head after he fell down the stairs of the hall... my mom didn't talk to him for a month

I cant say dh or anyone that I know have hit their head except me. 2 times. Car accident back in the 70's in a coma for 2 weeks. Then in 2003 I pulled a big boner - Stupid move. If DH did not move a vehicle I would of broken my back. I only fell 20 feet and hit my head. I dont remember 4 weeks of nothing.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow that's bad

Wow - scary!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That's really, really scarey. I'm naturally tipsy so I fall alot but I always seem to bounce.

Remember as a kid you would jump 5-10 feet and land, roll or what ever. Now I dont even dare to take a jump of 2 feet.

Also as a kid - your eyes were white with no bloodshot or veins, your finger nail moons were totally white - oh and your teeth if you still have them the enamel was pure white and now with age are yellowing. Those were the days.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Recently I raked a huge pile of leaves in the fall and ran across the yard and jumped in them like when I was little. Man the ground is alot harder now!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, onewish, that happened years ago. She's okay.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Wow Sherrie! You had some tough knocks.

Can't stop in without recognizing the 39-0 national champion Huskies! They dominated like no team has before, they are quality women and they all graduate!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

for all those fans of red sox nation chronicle ran a show for opening day tuesday night and ended it with a video of the boston pops preforming shipping up to boston by the drop kick murphy's with red sox footage. it ends with our favorite step dancing closer doing the "papelbon" - a must see!!

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/19122332/index.html

if any one can tell me how to download this for saving i would appreciate it - could not figure that out.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Our PC started doing funny things on April 1st........DH freaked and thought we had a worm. He wiped out the PC and reformatted it only to find it was a simple video card. lol
I ordered another tower anyways so i'll have lots of memory to store pics now! Anyways thats why I was MIA is anyone noticed.

In response to all the threads I was trying to catch up on, not all these responses will be about this thread but im posting them all here anyways! lol

Victor I thank you for picking JM 'Pixie' ........ I am honored!!

Patti you need to slow down and take a break but it look beautiful and your Amaryllis are beautiful! Along with all those spring blooms im trying hard not to be jealous of. lol

Dnut I like your way of thinking (i.e. hardwood floors)

Louise congrats on 20 years, will be celerbrating 15 next month. Your brugs are beautiful!

Sherrie, stop bumping your head!!!!! lol

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

sorry to hear that Pixie... gotta hate that... I keep saying I am going to back up all my stuff... BUT

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh thanks Allison.......... Back up your pics, trust me!!!
I had pics of Isabella the day she was born................all gone.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh no.... that's terrible

I wouldnt even trust a new comp for storage. Burn disks or upload some place.

Welcome back, Celeste. Feeling under the weather today - on a gorgeous day when I should be out planting! I like external hard drives for backing up. Ridiculously cheap these days.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That's where I thought you were Victor.

Wish I was! I might try to do something later if I'm up to it. So much to plant, not to mention the continued cleanup.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank you Victor, sorry your not well. It's been sunny but windy here, made it hard to rake today so I just picked up sticks. Raked yesterday and last week end....I was not feeling well last fall amd have lots more spring clean up than usual. I'm also moving several BIG clumps of daylilies soon and a rose bush or two.
DH pulled out one of two tree stumps i've been wanting out.....lovely hole with great soil for a new rose maybe?? hee hee he

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cleanup will be my life for the next month.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Me too D-nut, maybe 2! lol
How's the seedlings coming?

Seedlings? For the time being I am out. Darn it. My timing is off.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I have tomato, (beefsteak & tiny tim's) and Kalediscope Peppers up, dahlia's seedlings are doing well. My viola's and coleus are great ect.....only having a problem with my Petunia's this year!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Very wonderfully pixie ^_^ I have potted up some of the bigger perennials already and I will seed the annuals this weekend. My tomatos have stalled cuz it's too hot in the greenhouse for germination. I'm going to put them back in the indoor growop.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

feeling any better Victor?

A little, Allison - thanks. I'm confused as to what it is. I'm leaning toward an ear infection, though I did have the body aches earlier. Don't feel sick enough to be flu - I think. Anyway, I did get out and plant some hellebores and my Franklinia tree.

Go plant 1 more plant!

It's official - strep! Yuck. At least I'm already on the meds.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sorry Victor, thats what i'm wondering on Justin too. He's not feeling well and it's pretty much a guessing game on my part. Feel better soon.

Thanks, Celeste. Hope Justin feels better too. I have the telltale puss (gross!)

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

blame your kids - never had strep in my life until my kids went to school

Probably right, Bill, though neither one had strep recently. I never had an ear infection until my older guy was a baby.

Thomaston, CT

When I was teaching I picked up everything! Glad that's over with! Pixie, I was hoping you got down to Florida! Bummer about Isabella's photos. I transplanted tomatoes & cabbages yesterday, along with mallow, scabious, & loves-lies -bleeding. My penstemon esprit is so tiny you can barely see it.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Victor, Carrie, Anita & Pixie - thank you for the anniversary wishes. The years have flown by! For second marriages, 20 years is one of the big ones, I guess. We are very happy together, so that is the biggest gift of all.

It is so nice to hear of so many really long marriages mentioned here.

Pixie - sorry to hear you lost some precious photos! Ever since I had the problem with my hard drive last summer, I routinely store my photos and documents on both a CD and a flash drive for double protection. As Victor mentioned, the flash drives and external hard drives are very inexpensive now with tons of memory. It's also a piece of cake to back things up.

I had strep all the time. My mother was a carrier all though she never had the symptoms. Finally she got treated and then it never came back.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

"Until my older guy was a baby"....that just doesn't sound right. Is his name Benjamin?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.