Digitalis looking for a home in Calgary??

Champion, AB(Zone 3b)

Hello Calgary...This may be my biggest weakness but I have tons of foxglove seedlings ( Candy Mountain, Apricot Beauty) that I just hate to throw out. They are very ready to be potted. Any takers? I could deliver them to Cal. some time this week.

They are really beautiful..hint, hint
Albertarosey

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I love Digitalis but the only ones I have been able to overwinter is Foxy,

If yours will flower this year I would be happy to take some and just treat them as annuals.

When are you coming into town? For the garden show this weekend?

Champion, AB(Zone 3b)

Hi Fancyvan Yes I'll be there on Sunday. I won't get off work until 8a.m. on Sun. then it's an hour drive so I should be there by 9:30 for sure. These are new seedlings, don't know if they will bloom this year or not. They are just too lovely to throw out.

Arosey

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

OK I will be working at the Lougheed House booth on Sunday from 130 to 6pm. Will you still be there?
If so come and find me. Otherwise we will work out something else.

Champion, AB(Zone 3b)

Fancyvan That sounds perfect. See you there. Arosey

Champion, AB(Zone 3b)

Fancyvan I forgot to ask you if there is anything else that you would be interested in, ie: seeds or seedlings. We could trade......... Arosey

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nope dont do seeds etc.
Thanks for the thought!

This is what I will look like on Sunday!

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Albertarosey ( Jane) brought me a lovely tray of Digitalis seedlings, two types. Guess I better get them potted up today!

Nice to meet another local DGer!

Thinking there are getting to be so many of us we better have another Round Up this summer - this is getting to be an annual affair!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Carol
YAHOO a round up!
Don't forget those of us up here in Edmonton please.
Ann

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Inviting all DGers in Alberta!

Hey Ann I will be coming to Edmonton mid July with all dogs for a sheltie party at a location near Leduc.

Champion, AB(Zone 3b)

Fancyvan
So nice to meet you at the show and happy that I didn't have to throw out the foxglove seedlings..I don't know if you found them or not but there are a couple of Malva seedlings at one end of the box . They are fuschia/purple in colour and really quite pretty. I really enjoyed the show and managed to pick up tooo many goodies. Love the little bird bath.
My 6yr.old granddaughter came tonight after school and we planted some redbud tree seeds so if the come your name is on a few.

What's involved in a roundup??

Happy trails to you ..till we meet again............Jane

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A round up is a gathering of DG members with food, good company, gardening talk and plant trades.

Champion, AB(Zone 3b)

Fancyvan
Sounds better than great!. I hope you have it before my gh is empty.

Jane

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Carol
Keep me posted when you are coming, details and so forth. Do you need a place to stay?
We don't have tons of room but we could take you and your "kids". I'm on the South side by the Southgate Mall.
At least we can have a visit if you will have the time. How close to Leduc?
Ann

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Party weekend is 18/19 July. I will have at least 2 dogs with me and might have another human too.
Yes thanks will need a place to stay but no specific plans yet other than the dates. I'll let you know closer to the date.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Digitalis - got one on Sunday, and planted it last night - beautiful!
I should look at the tag - is there only Foxglove, or are there more varities?
It's got some blooms on it, but not a lot, cuz I think it's "take" more quickly if it's not all in blooms, right?

-Susan-

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Susan there are different types of foxglove and most of them are not hardy here!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thanks Carol :-)

As I got this @ Golden Acres, I'm hoping it's a Calgary-friendly digitalis....

Champion, AB(Zone 3b)

Tooo Baaad, I'm going to miss the round up. I'll be in Ont.

Arosey

Thumbnail by ALBERTAROSEY

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.