It Can Be Fun to Breed Your Own Echinaceas

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Introducing Echinacea "Peppermint Candy.™" We are having trouble reproducing her in tissue culture, but she is coming along nicely...

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac

Here's Echinacea "Nehi Grape.™" This one has the first true purple blooms of any Echinacea.

Here is Echinacea "Ring Around the Rosey.™" This one has a similar growth habit to Pink Double Delight, but the blooms have a white ring in the middle with white petals around the center;.

This message was edited Mar 31, 2009 9:23 AM

I hope you like these. I'm looking forward to April Fool's Day tomorrow!

This message was edited Mar 31, 2009 9:33 AM

Rolesville, NC(Zone 7b)

I don't check this board very often so I'm just now seeing your post and holy crap! DROOL! Those colors are crazy! When will we see these available in the trade? If any of my customers ask me for them, I'm trackin' you down and kickin' your butt :)

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

I love those. Please,please ,please keep us updated!

(Zone 6a)

Wow those are are AMAZING! And you bred them yourself? Wow.

This was just an April Fool's joke. I'm sorry if nobody got the joke. That's why I told everyone happy April Fool's Day in the thread. LOL.

(Zone 6a)

Well, you did a good job touching those photos!

I'm sorry to anyone who didn't realize this was an April Fool's joke. I didn't mean any harm.

(Zone 6a)

Oh, I meant that as a compliment :) They look very real!

I wonder if Terra Nova needs any help touching up their photos. LOL. Some of their plants don't look like the tags.

(Zone 6a)

HAHAHAHA, good one! and it's so true!

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

echinaceamaniac, just out of curiosity, how on earth did you create those pix and what program did you use?☺

I used Photoshop. LOL. I was just joking around for April Fool's Day. A friend at work helped me come up with the names.

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks!

~Daniel

Rolesville, NC(Zone 7b)

It's amazing/scary what you can do with photoshop. I once used it to add people to our company group photo because they couldn't be there on photo day. I thought I did a pretty good job but your pictures are really impressive. Nice work!

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

I think this is a really funny April fool! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.