TEA ROOM # 34

Merino, Australia

Good morning all. I am moving us finally as it was getting a bit tiring with the long walk. I think we will have another beautiful Autumn day here. It is foggy but it is forecast to be around 29C as yesterday.. The rest of the week should be the same. Perfect garden weather if we only had a bit of rain. I planted all my new plants. Repotted the succulents and managed to find a place for them all.
Today I will be starting on getting the old archway down and also the rest of the old roof on the begonia shadehouse. We hope to get it all fixed before the wet weather does arrive. I hope you all have a great week. I had better go and put up the new directions. happy gardening . Enjoy the Autumn colors down by the river out the back of the Tea Room. Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
se qld, Australia

All the best for your birthday today Colleen. I hope you have a great day.

townsville, Australia

Good morning to all, it is yet another lovely day here, these sort of days always make me remember why i moved to north Queensland.
Jean it is a lovely photo very calming and you have a great idea i think i will take one of my days off to relax, i don't know if i can manage it as i normally can't sit still for too long, but i will give it a go.
Happy Birthday Colleen, i hope you have a wonderful day and get some lovely gifts, and get ruined everyone deserves to get spoilt rotten on their birthday.
Helen the flowers are beautiful, i am so glad the wedding went well, life will seem a little dull now that all this excitement is done and dusted, although you will probably relish the peace once everyone has gone back home.
Cody lovely flowers, you must have a very pretty garden.
My son has his operation tomorrow, he is a little nervous about it, but he IS happy about the six weeks that the navy has given him of work. I have been a very happy mother since he was posted to Townsville from Nowra, and then my daughter moved up from Brisbane with her kids, i have finally got all 4 kids in the same town at the same time, even if it is only till 2010, i will take what i can get lol.
I guess i should do some work, i will pop in this afternoon if time permits.
Have a wonderful day one and all
shell

Thumbnail by shelly61
western sydney nsw, Australia

Afternoon to all ,
We have rain here I have been working under cover I have finished my marster piece it is now my new planter box it will live in the carport I hung 2 buckets so the wall is not so bare .
I hope every one is having a good day till later ------Sammut.

Thumbnail by sammut
Coushatta, LA

Hi Jean,hope you day is going good.

Hi Shell,i'm working on it.Hopefully by this summer everything will be looking good.Shell that is a rose called Trumpeter.

This message was edited Mar 31, 2009 12:06 AM

Thumbnail by TheAngelGirl
townsville, Australia

Good afternoon to everyone, i hope the day has been good for all.
Sammut is that your dryer, it looks great, you are definately the recycling queen, i work for a recycling firm in Townsville, i think you should come work for us lol. It does not worry me that your 70 you have at least 30 good years left in you yet. And with your talent you would be a wiz here, no actually you can come to my house and give me some pointers buggar work lol.
Cody gorgeous flower as always, they are always so pretty.
have to go do some more, i hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon
shell

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Shell,I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.Well take care and be carefull going home.I will talk to you when you go back to work.Stay safe

Good night everyone!!!May God bless you all and hope you stay safe.

Shell,this rose is called Charisma.

Shell ,
Yes thates the dryer . Bags are packed can I bring my dog I can not leave with out him ..
---------Sammut.

townsville, Australia

Sammut, of course you can bring your dog lol. i love dogs mine used to sleep on my bed and eat at my table, some people say i spoil my animals a little but i think not. I even have a spare room and a 46inch flat screen tv that i hardly ever watch (except the football). If you need anything else ask and its yours, i have even turned on the perfect weather for you lol.
shell

barmera, Australia

Thank you all so much for the best wishes for my birthday. I've had a wonderful day with phone calls, presents, parcels, flowers and cards. I got 9 new hanging baskets, a beautiful succulent, flowers, a bath towel, pillowcases a money ticket , [didn't win]. I had a birthday cake when my son came on the weekend. candles and all. Will be back tomorrow. Thank you once again. Colleen

OH- Shell ,
He will fit in so much he loves T.V. lays on the lounge to watch it puts him to sleep has a table cloth under his plate sits and looks if I dont eat he wont , sleeps on the bed even has his own pillow and baby blanket , he is 9 yrs. old I 've had him 4 yrs .--------Sammut

se qld, Australia

Hubby always tells me I spoil our dog. I respond that he's not spoiled, he's indulged, and deserves it. Pets bring so much to our lives and ask so little in return.

Sunshine Coast, Australia

Hello all...beautiful Autumn afternoon here. Makes life worthwhile.

Did a bit of gardening and played with my grandson Josiah..(we call him Jo Jo)

Have to get my hair permed tomorrow. Must look beautiful for my sisters wedding in Vanuatu in April.

Hi Marleneann ,
Its rained all day here the plants are saying enought for now I have lost track of the time time to go to dinner any one driving in the rain take care have a good night Sammut.

Brisbane, Australia

Better late than never - Happy Birthday Colleen! Sounds like you've had a very fulfulling day!
Your flowers are lovely Cody!
Sammut, you clever thing again! Very classy plant stand! But what happened to the little buccaneer who was living in the dryer?
(Joke: Question: how do you learn to be a pirate? Answer: You can't, you just arrrrh!)

Sydney, Australia

Well. A couple of days off and a couple of days reading! Way back from Kat's chooks to Colleen's birthday and one rather sad pirate joke (LOL) Had a good weekend at Sussex and feel I'm winning the weed battle. Bought heaps of bags of Cypress Mulch to squash the little buggers. Next weekend I'm transplanting the Jade that I enquired about months ago. Feel it's getting cooler so may be a good time to cut the root and move the pot.
The bore pump housing is all but finished, planted some freesias in a newly dug garden extension around the letterbox, trimmed Hydrangeas (actually the boss did that), took some more of the Boug off and turned the mulcher on and crunched the lot. There is something very satisfying about a good day in the garden!
Cheers
Steve

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Leisa,may you have a bless day and enjoy it.Take care and stay safe.

Cody

barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Another lovely day coming up. I was given some bulbs yesterday so will be out planting them today. I don't actually know what they are, but will let you know . Golly Weedwoman that's a LOT of rain.Yes when I first saw the pic I thought that it was a river and I thought " gee that's a lovely pic" Wish we could get some rain. I hope everyone has a lovely day, will be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Good morning it's April Fools Day ...
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/
I have a funny feeling the joke of the day is this new "virus" sue is talking about ...
The hoax I remember the most is the time mum was frantically running around covering everything up because the PMG was going to "blow "the telephone lines to clean them and tons of black dust would spew forth from the telephones. It was April the 1st and it was a joke.
Who can remember what hoaxes?
I hope you come through the day without too many pinches and punches or hoaxes.
It's very wet here so pictures later maybe.
We have just entered the 4th month of 2009 ...can you believe it?
enjoy your day everyone.

This message was edited Apr 1, 2009 6:52 AM

Beautiful morning here at Buderim.

Will do some weeding later on and also spray for that blue butterfly problem.

Must go and get breakfast from the kitchen...thanks Jean.

Just heard on the local radio (must be April Fools joke) to take your children to the local M.P. Office as they are child minding free for today.
I wonder how many parents will turn up with the kids?

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. A lovely morning here. No fog or frost and we are forecast to have a change late tomorrow with some of the rain from up north too, I hope.
Sue, I saw the floods on TV. I do hope you are safe, especially with that "river" outside.
Your poor plants. Never mind, as long as you are safe . The garden can be fixed.
Hello Sammut, you clever thing. That dryer looks really good. I'll have to drive hubby mad now and find one at the tip next time we go.
Chrissy, I've never been fond of April Fools hoaxes etc. I think they can cause more trouble than the instigators realise.
I hope you are not being rained on too much where you are.
Leisa, how are you and your lovely garden. ?
Hello Steve. Sounds like a very satisfying weekend. I'm glad you allow the boss to participate. She probably has some great garden ideas.
Marleneann, how are you doing up there ? What have you been doing in the garden ?
Gardengal, hello and I hope you have had a good weekend in the garden.
Cody, you should be getting into some warmer weather soon and be able to spend more time in your garden.
Shelly (Q) I'm coming up too. I'll grab Sammut on my way past. I could do with a rest . Do you have a nice houseboy to serve us while we relax ? Ha ha.
I spent most of yesterday doing a bit of tidying around the greenhouses and moving pots around. Chrissy, my mystery apricot ? angel is opening and I am watching to see if it has any color .
I found some of my epi seeds are coming up. Very quick to grow but so slow to get to flowering size.
I have all these little green sticks poking up. You would never believe they turn into cacti with such beautiful large flowers. I hope I get to see them flower as I want to see what the combination of a yellow/white crossed with a bright red/ neon purple will produce.
A lazy day today as I have just about done everything that needed doing in the garden.
I may just look around and see if I can find something to turn into something else as Sammut does.
Have a great gardening day and stay safe and dry all those being rained on.
hello to all I may have missed.
Have some Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

That's a good one marleneanne ...I have gone outside and have come back in, very cold and very wet! please jean, a nice hot cup of cocoa please ...so much rain that the large polystrene boxes are full! ...and there are inches of water everywhere.

jean that Apricot will be white the first day or two ...it depends how warm the temps will get up to as to how much apricot you will see ...I hope it puts a smile on your face.
yes about those hoaxes my sister and I argued over the one about the spaghetti growing on trees ...she truly believed it!.

Now settle down Jean its a working holliday no time to relax.---------Sammut.

Merino, Australia

To warm up Chrissy and anyone else who needs a cup.
Lovely Hot Chocolate. Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

aaaaah thanks that is sooooo good! ...thanks jean ^_^
Oh well ... housework then ...
enjoy your day everyone!
chrissy

AAAhhh ...just what I needed. Thanks Jean.

Have you tried the Nestles Hazelnut Cappuccino.
Just add water to tubes of mix. BEAUTIFUL!

Coushatta, LA

Hi Jean,well i hope so soon.It rain here again this morning.Everything is wet and still muddy.It is suppose to get in the 70's this week.Hopefully by the weekend i will be able to clean the yard and mow and plant flowers.Well enjoy the rest of your day and take care and stay safe.

Cody

se qld, Australia

I remember once when we were growing up in Perth, the news featured an article about the 'spaghetti worm' devastating the crops on all the spaghetti vines. The date, of course, was April 1.
And there was the small hospital in the West Australian goldfields back in the 60s where the nurses were joking with the matron the night before that they were going to wake her at 4 in the morning telling her there was a pregnant woman on the doorstep. When it actually happened she apparently took quite a lot of convincing to get out of bed and let the poor lady in.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

*splash splash, slosh, slosh* *shaking umbrella out*
Hello! I haven't dropped in for ages. Thought I'd get out of the rain for a bit and stop for a chat. I see everyone already wished Colleen a Happy Birthday, so Colleen, don't answer my other thread about your special day, because I just heard all about your pressies here! It sounds as though it was a nice one.
Its nice to see everyone here chatting, drinking hot chocolate and eating the yummy things Jean leaves out! (Oi, Marlene, leave me some eh?)
Its been a bit wet here and I've had a stressful time, but am looking forward to everything getting back to normal, hopefully very soon!
Well, I know this was a short chat, but I've got to go and get some supplies incase the water rises again. Probably everyone has the same idea, so hopefully there'll be some thing left on the shelves, (or floating in the aisles) he he.
Catch you later, and thanks for the concern and well wishes. I might have to garden in tin boats more often!
(pic from january)

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Christchurch, New Zealand

I remember seeing footage about the spaghetti worm...
I found hollow spaghetti & cooked it up & said to my hubby the spaghetti worm had been at it & he didn't know what I was talking about.
Hadn't seen that kind of spag since I was a kid.
Have decided I like the solid kind better...

Leisa did you hear about the Pirate Movie?
It was rated arrrrrh.

Sydney, Australia

Really Dalfyre! The jokes do get worse! LOL

Barmera, Australia

G'Day All, if the pasta was hollow it was Macaroni in fact we always knew macaroni but spaghetti was some thing new to us and we thought the Italian migrants brought it to Australia after WW2.
Brian

Morning to all ,
I am having problums with power electricans due at 9 must be quick before it goes of again every one have a good day its flickering
Sammut.

Oh no...it's raining.

Chrissy please turn off that hose you left running!

Sammut I hope your electricity problems are soon fixed. We know how much we miss it when its not there.

Have to pick up a plant today that I purchased...nice wet drive.

Merino, Australia

God morning all. Shopping day today and you know what that means. Plants ....
It's a lovely morning here so far but we are expecting hot weather around 30C. I am hoping for some of their 'isolated' showers on the weekend.
Sue, I hope you are still safe and haven't had to use that boat of yours. I see on the news here that the water is receding. I do hope all your plants get over the extra watering they had.
Hello to Chrissy, glad you liked the hot chocolate. I do like to look after everyone.
Hello Marleneann, have you been into the cake tin again ? I saw crumbs on the bench. Maybe it was Kat.
Hello Sammut, Gardengal, Steve, Brian and Cody.
Hello to the others not here and any lurkers at the window.
I am rushing off as hubby is always impatient to get moving when we go out.
Have a very happy day . All you workers , it's nearly Friday.
I'll leave something nice courtesy of the lovely site Sue put on another thread (What's Cooking America)
Pineapple Upsidedown Cake.
See you all when I get home with my orphans.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Good morning again ,
As you see I'm back every thing is fixed only took 15 minutes . they said I wont have no more lights dimming and flicking of and on a wire was not connected when I had a new power board put on .now every one have a great day it appears the rain is clearing here .---Sammut

townsville, Australia

Good morning all i am back, the son has had his operation, he is feeling very sore and sorry for him self this morning, the doctors have told him if he behaves himself he can go home today, i can not get over how quickly you get kicked out of a hospital bed now days, probably a good thing im most cases.
Jean i have 2 spare rooms so heaps of space for you and Sammut, but you both and Sammuts baby will have to put up with my cats lol. I can probably even find you both a houseboy lol, but you will have to share.
ONLY 2 MORE DAYS AND 1 MORE SLEEP TO GO, till i am on leave, but i am not counting lol. It took me half an hour to catch up after one day, i don't think i will stand a chance after 10 days lol.
Jean i do hope you find some wonderful little orphans to give a good home to, i am sure they will be grateful. Sue hopefully your waters will recede in no time it looks like a mess on the news, but we know how you feel, as long as everyone is safe, the rest will come good eventually. It took me a week just to get rid of all the mould in my house, that was the part i hated the most after all our rain. The pirate jokes are getting worse lol, the best April fools joke i ever saw was the flying penguins on the bbc (Attenborough was in on it) it even made the news here, thousands and thousands believed it. i do agree though sometimes these April fool jokes cause more harm than is intended.
Well have to go and do some work, trying to get everything caught up by tomorrow, have to call the boy and see how he is doing. will pop back in this afternoon for some of Jeans munchies, and maybe even raid Bryans house, but will wait till he is out first lol.
Have a great day everyone
shell

Off to town today ...back later ...if we don't get washed away ...^_^
a big wave!
chrissy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.