Please Give a BIG welcome to LuvnIris!

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

I have met this lady in person . . . she is over the top! I'll let her come in here and tell you all she does. Now, Diane, don't forget to tell them about the "Prayer Shawls", your ceramics business and all your gardening interests and plans.

Arlene

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

luvniris - hello and welcome from upstate new york. my wife deb and i shared a wonderful lunch at carnegie deli in NYC with arlene the last time she was here.

hope you can join us real soon

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Looking forward to 'meeting' you, luvniris. Have fun and jump right in to all the different forums.
Jan

Ozark, MO(Zone 6a)

Welcome aboard, luvniris - there's a great bunch of people here, and we're glad to have you join.

One thing to keep in mind: If I give any gardening advice, take it with a grain of salt. I might know what I'm talking about - and I might not. lol

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Welcome LuvnIris just jump right in!

Melissa

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Luvniris Welcome to a great group of gardeners.You will have to dive into some threads but don't worry the water isn't cold here!! Welcome again, from the "show me" state.

Cuckoo

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

A big welcome to you fellow iris lover! You are going to love it here, there's a wealth of information here and the people are the best. Enjoy and have fun!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Welcome Diane,

I am Donna, also a friend of Arlenes when she comes out here to Calif. on her little trips.
I hope you enjoy yourself here at DG and make lots of new garden friends too. I hear you are an artist also. I hope you will visit the Artisian Forum and show us some of your art.

Come on out and play with us when you get a chance. :-)

Donna

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Welcome to Dave's Garden LuvnIris! We are so happy that you joined us and I'm sure you are going to grow to love this place as much as we do.

Just a warning though...DG is addicting ^_^

Crossville, TN

WELCOME....from an old lady in Arizona...well...I'm old...not so sure about the "lady"...but I sure do have fun here...and have met some of these nice people in person...I may get around to meeting you some time....that's fair warning! Jo

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Waving big from far west KY!

Here's a big 'ole Bluegrass Welcome!

We're thrilled that you are here...folks are right, DG is addicting and we're such experienced enablers.

Just let us know if you need any help or have questions, we're all right here. (You'll quickly find out that most of us are always right here...we can't tear ourselves away)

Glad you've joined us!

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Many welcomes LuvnIris....from the north central part of Kentucky. My DH and I run a "naturally grown" farm and sell at farmers markets and run a large CSA operation. I've been a member here since 2003 (hard to believe) and have met many here. I hope you love DG as much as we do....and remember...We're family here!

You'll find me on prayer requests, market growers, jokes and humor and you just never really know........recipes, cooking....I could go on and on.

And Arlene is simply the best!!!!! but if you've met, you already know that.

Hugs,
Kathy

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Welcome to DG from over here in Maryland.

You'll get to know some of the finest folks on the planet here and whatever we can do to help, just ask :)

Dea

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Waves from Ohio, LuvnIris. Welcome to DG!

Diane has been a little challenged with links and posted here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/969784/

Rockwell City, IA

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this. I am 51 and am starting a ceramic business at Rockwell City, IA which is about 20 minutes from Twin Lakes where TwinLakesChef is. I am a piano teacher and artist. I love donating time to my school in town as I am also a substitute teaching assistant for 3 and 4-year-olds. I have started a prayer shawl ministry in our church and as part of that I designed a prayer patch which we send to those in the military or their families to let them know they are being prayed for their safe return. If you need one give me an address and I'll send it (as many as you want...free). I have 3 biological children and 4 grandchildren. I am a Master Gardner and do a lot of volunteer work for a nursing home here in town. My husband has built a brand new building on our acreage where we plan on starting a ceramic business/art/crafts. I will be opening in October of this year. We were married in 2004 and he is a supervisor for an animal health producer in Fort Dodge, IA for the past 16+ years. He is wonderful and said he's waited all his life for me....aaaah. We are planning on adding a green house to our building, hopefully in the next year or two at the latest. I am needing help so please go to the construction thread and give me your ideas on landscaping around our business.
If anyone is coming to the round up and wants to donate anyplants or seeds that I can use at the nursing home I know they will appreciate it. It is very shady there. See you all at roundup. Diane

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Hello Diane, So good to see you here and hear about your life :) We share the same birth year? (if you haven't had a birthday yet this year)...ha, ha. You are one busy lady. Sorry, but I won't see you at the IA round up :( My DH and I are farmers and spend most of our time during growing/planting season selling at farmers markets and we have a CSA operation for 10 years now. We will be "working" while you guys are having fun LOL.

I have one question? What is an animal health producer?

Again, many welcomes to DG.

:) Kathy

edited out for senility . . .

I could be wrong but I think where her husband works . . . they make animal serum. I worked there in the office back when I was a very young girl (DON'T ask how long ago that was!)

This message was edited Apr 2, 2009 1:31 PM

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

soooo, what do you plan to do in your spare time. LOL

Crossville, TN

Arlene...you missed this on her post...Jo

I am a Master Gardner and do a lot of volunteer work for a nursing home here in town.

Rockwell City, IA

Yes, TwinLakesChef is right. He actually is a supervisor on second shift that keeps the freeze dryers and other equipment working. If it fails they may loose millions of dollars worth of virus for the serums they are producing and it's critical work that I would never want to have. He has been to their plant in Ireland several times because of a virus getting loose in the plant and they had to strip all the ventilation systems down and he had to write sop (safety operating proceedures) for the plant since no one had ever done that.
As for what I do in my spare plan...I am helping out at the farmer's market this year as a master gardner to answer questions people have on their gardening. I also judge at various fairs around the area. There is always some time...between 1 am and 7 am...which is what I usually sleep....lol.

Monticello, IA

Welcome to DG Diane!

Mindy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.