What Iris Do You Have Coming ???? Part II

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here we are, having come from.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/957673/

Hope that is okay with grannyh and everyone else.

Raleigh, NC

hey I found this! didn't even know a 2nd thread had started

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Blue Mandarin is a Japanese, Betty.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Sigh. Well I hope our club's experiment with Japanese works.

Hebron, KY

I haven't ordered any Irises yet for this year......

I need to wait to order any Irises until we (DH and I) have enough money.

Maybe I'll get to spend our money we get back from the state. :-)

DH is an Airline Pilot, based here, but his company keeps taking money (in more ways than one) from the Pilots every year. :-(

I just keep dreaming of the ones I want and would like to have. I don't have much space to plant Irises, as I like to have space to grow plants for the Hummingbirds and Butterflies. :-)

Marilyn

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

I ordered a SDB called Hummingbirds and Butterflies, funny.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Excellent idea, pajaritomt!!! I noticed the other day that the other thread was getting way too long!!

Hebron, KY

Cat,

That is funny!

I was looking for the one you mentioned on the PF. I didn't find one called, "a SDB called Hummingbirds and Butterflies", but I found a SDB called Humming Bird's Blessings. Is this the one you were talking about? http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/158884/

Marilyn

Yep, that's it.

I just realized what happened, HAHHAHAH, LOLOLOL, I am such a goof.

Hebron, KY

Cat,

LOLOLOL

Happens to the best of us! :-)

Lebanon, OR

Well can you believe today is the last day of March...one quarter of the year is gone...hope at least by now there is some ray of hope that spring is on the way to each and everyone of you.

The daffs and the forsythia are in full bloom now. We are going to the big daff show on Friday, has tons of daffs on the benchs and then there is a big plant sale...which is my downfalling every year. If we get away from there in time we will be going to Dancing Oaks a great place to go and great guys who own it.

D

Gainesville, TX

wind, wind and more wind and then there is hail....blew the premature bloom stalks right off the early bloomers........I just love Texas/Okla in the springtime

My SDB's and MDB's are swelling.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Mine, too!

Cherryvale, KS

Dee, The vice-president of Tri-State iris is a DAFF judge. I bought some daffodils from her last year at the iris sale. They are blooming now. Quite nice! OH! Happy Tuesday my B IF's!! I want to many iris and am afraid I won't be able to keep up!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Me, too. In fact, I am already having a bit of trouble keeping up.

South Hamilton, MA

I will have to do a catalog project, writing down the ones I would like from each source, then finding places & adjusting my lists accordingly. Preference goes to hybridizing projects.

Here are a few that are blooming right now

ROSY CLOUD

Thumbnail by 1913cat

CHERRY SPOT

Thumbnail by 1913cat

TIRITOMBA, I THINK THAT IS THE NAME OF THIS ONE

Thumbnail by 1913cat
Raleigh, NC

Thalia and muscari -sorry, that's my pot line behind them. and if anyone notices the iris leaves,,,,,well, I was planting them, and then I got sick, and that's where they were sitting atop the mulch....and that's where they rooted!

Don't know what there is about that tree and the mulch under it, which I've changed over the years. but I usually sit under the trees nearby and I tend to toss tidbits of irises trimmings there, I guess. have had quite a few grow there from a thumb's worth of trimming!

Thumbnail by bonjon
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

How beautiful ! And cool that some of those iris cuttings rooted and grew. Do let us know what they turn out to be.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Lovely and peaceful looking!

Raleigh, NC

well, the irises WERE all named....at least the current ones under there. there are about 50, but most are on the other side of the tree away from the camera. the ones with plastic tags still will be^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.