Possible iris ID

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

Does anyone recognize this beauty...purple with orange....doesnt match the tag i had buried with it.

Thumbnail by ctbig
Fresno, CA(Zone 10b)

It's very difficult to know since so many Irises are so similar, but it is lovely!

Kingston, NY(Zone 5b)

Take a ok at Blended Frills in the PF
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/172235/
and at Blue J Iris where the color is more like yours. May want to get one to see if it is it.
hespiris

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

If you could let everyone know where you bought the plant, what the ID label was that was buried with it, how tall it is and etc, it would help. I believe, that looking at the photo of yours, is that the beards are bright orange with white tips. If you have receipts for your plants with the iris' named it would be a help in making a guess. We have so many iris in our garden that the labels have been lost, or plants have died. I made only one map of one of the iris patches and we have 3 different beds. I rounded up all the original labels and receipts from Cooley's and made a list. I have, so far come up with 111 iris we have had planted in the past 14 years. Even with all this info, we will have trouble with IDs.

I wish you a lot of luck with your ID and it is a very pretty flower, even if you don't know the name.

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

I got these irises through a DG co-op...i went back to the list of what i ordered and Id'ed it as "Ive got a secret"...thanks for all the help

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.