Seeking Hibiscus Syriacus Blue Satin & Buddelia Empire Blue

Brisbane, Australia

Hello, I'm new to the forums, though a long time browser. Not sure I am in the right place with this question, but I'm sure someone wilI point me in the right direction. I am looking for these two plants, which seem readily available in the US but not in Australia. Can anyone help please? I have seached the web with no luck so far. I am in Brisbane but happy to purchase from anywhere in Oz..

melbourne, Australia

just wanted to say 'welcome' kaybell. hope you find the plants you are looking for. shelly

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Welcome Kay,I have seen the same deciduous hibiscus growing here in aus . it is not uncommon,but you would be more likely to find it in more temperate areas of the country although it will still grow for you in Bris.Maybe some of our southern friends here on daves garden may be able to help with cuttings/plants(try some of the Granite belt or Toowoomba nurseries too, they will be sure to have it...they also come in doubles too)...try the local markets too...pretty sure that is where I last saw them...don't rely on cultivar names either as they can vary from country to country.
Try the same places too for the buddelias...I think you will also find that particular colour is also here in Aus but as I said before maybe not under the 'same name'
I hope this helps. cheers

Barmera, Australia

G'Day
What's the difference between the type Hibiscus syriacus and the CV "Blue Satin". Can you post a photo? I didn't know that there were CVs but I suppose I should have guessed that there would be selections.
Welcome to the Forum.
Brian

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Here Brian,take a look http://images.google.com.au/images?hl=en&q=hibiscus+syriacus&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2look

Brisbane, Australia

Hi Brian and other helpful folks
Here is a pic and a bit of info on Blue Satin on an American site. There are also pics here on Dave's garden. I had a large blue/lavender flowering hibiscus similar to this in an established garden when I lived in the cooler hinterland, and I know this older form has been around for years. However Blue Satin seems to be a particularly good hybrid (hybridized by Rien Verweij of the Netherlands). I am hoping it will make its way to Oz. I'm not sure how (if ever) new hybrids like this eventually find their way into nurseries here.
http://www.djroger.com/blue_satin_hibiscus.htm

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.