Fargo/Moorhead Flood

Page, ND

I'm sure many of you have seen this on the national news. I live 50 miles from Fargo. My son has not had school all week because of the flooding around us. I made it to Fargo - finally - yesterday and helped fill sandbags. Unreal. Just so unreal how many people were involved.

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=88234413568&h=gKb77&u=3vS0v&ref=mf

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

My heart goes out to all those working so hard to save not only their homes but the homes and businesses of strangers.... and here I am complaining of 30 degree temps for 2 nights and no rain in months...going to be 80 here today.... puts things in perspective... .

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

This is a very sad situation. I watch that video over and over and I just sit here and cry.

This has been a bad year. It started with the Little Missouri flooding in the western part of the state, followed by the Missouri flooding in the central part of the state, and now the Red flooding in the east. Lots of little towns nearly destroyed by flood waters.

Right now we are all praying that it stays cold so there's no more snow melt.

The blizzard that we are expecting has just begun here in the western part of the state, and I'm praying that it dumps all of it's fury here, rather than in the eastern part of the state. We are past the flooding crisis and we have more places to go with the additional snow than the eastern part does.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.