Good place to buy dwarf iris at

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Where s your favorite place to purchase MTB's, IB's or SDB

I just posted a trade list on the plant trading forum, but I haven't traded iris in a long time and I know that the best time to trade is in the fall. Why is that? becuase it's best to trade after the bloom? But if so, My iris's are about to start blooming within a few weeks, why not trade them right after they bloom? Just wondering.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

From irisMA Try Winterberry Garden in VA & Mid-America Garden In OR The plants bloom much later in the north We dig & lift plants in July.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

thanks

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

there's no web addy for winterberry

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

No you have to order a catalog. I'm away from home so can't give you the address. Someone else can signed irisMA

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

That's ok, I want to look at a web site anyways.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

I've gotten a lot of nice ones from Snowpeak

http://snowpeakiris.com/

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I prefer to separate mine as soon as they are done blooming or during the end of the bloom. It is easier to see for sure which one it is. It gives the rhizome time to root before the weather gets so hot. July heat just dries them out to dust if they are not rooted well by then. I suppose it depends on the climate in the area. Planting later in the summer or fall can also cause them to heave in the winter, if the roots do not get established well before winter sets in. I have always done this, and haven't had problems with it.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Winterberry Garden
1225 Reynolds Rd
Cross Junction VA 22625
540-555-4447
vspoon@aol.com

Try calling first Ginny is great people so is Don
:)
A

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

I just finished filling out an order form for SDB iris from Newport Naturals at Spruce Corner. All of their TB, IB, BB are a flat rate of $4.00 each and they have the SDB and MDB iris at 3 rhizomes of one kind for $4.00.

I thought they had a very nice selection of cultivars. I would like to see them fix their photos where they could be clicked on and enlarged, since they are rather small to be able to view detail. I opened a window to DG and went to Plant Files and looked up the 8 SDB cultivars I was interested in. That worked.

I was looking for some SDB to fill in some areas in my beds and I was pleased to see they offered the SDB at such a great price.

They are accepting orders from April 1, 2009 until July 1, 2009.

http://www.sprucecorner.com/

Nana3

This message was edited Mar 28, 2009 5:01 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Hey, Kathy Ann, what are you doing over here, LOL

My favorite place is Mid America, just because I love their introductions.

http://www.mid-americagarden.com/

Snowpeak above is one of our DG members, Irisloverdee

And Shadowood is another of our members, LaurieF

http://lfrazer.com/iris/

Between them you should find some great medians.

And personally I trade and plant at any time. You just will loose blooms if you don't wait until after they bloom.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks everybody for the great information.
Hey Polly. Strange to see me over here isn't it LOL

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes it is.

PS All, Kathy Ann is one of the best traders in the whole wide world. She has been one of my trading buddies for a couple of years now.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Thank You Polly, Your A wonderful Trader also.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Nana!!!

Thank you for posting that site! I looked on there, just for grins, and they have an iris that was SO hard to find, and I'm doing a happy dance!

And, three for $4?? whoo-hoo!
:0)

You just made one girl very happy today :0) There is even a fellow that contacted me a few days ago wanting this particular one, and he will be very happy too

Thank you
-T

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

You are most welcome Seedpicker_TX !!!!

I am afraid that I am becoming an iris addict.....hee-hee...and I simply love to find a good price on something I truly long for. Makes my day also.

Nana3

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Another thumbs up for Snowpeak! Great selection of DBs at great prices, and a very nice person to talk with. I bought a bunch of dbs from her this past fall and, Kathy_ann, if you're still looking to trade later in the summer, after they have a chance to multiply, your "ritz" is on my want list and sure I can find a few others.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I may post again later on this summer if I don't get a good reply now.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

enabling should be against the law LOL

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey FrillyLily..."we are just nice "enabling" garden friends". Please don't have us arrested. LOL

Hey Frilly...over at Bluestone they have some nice "specials". You can even use those coupon codes they send out with their catalogs to further reduce the special price. I have placed 3 large orders with them so far to be shipped mid April. ahahahahaha

The 'enabling" Nana3

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

bump

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.