Spring RU Food Thread

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

This will be the thread for the EATS!

For those new to RU's it's generally a Pot Luck Buffet Style Lunch and DESSERT!

There is a charcoal grill there at the Shelter.....
No Electric if I remember correctly.
So we'll need some Propane Stove's if any one has any they can bring.

Stake out a spot.....
Post what you'll be bringing.
Please re-edit changes to your first post so we can keep track of what's coming and adjust.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'll stake out this spot! lol!

Cookies for sure!
2 Entrees TBA

Ric

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is my stake...

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, I will bring some caramels, and other stuff, not sure what yet. Like Ric said, to be announced!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Caving in to popular demand, I will again bring biscotti but someone will need to bring coffee/pot/sugar/cream for dunking. Actually, I have one of those large insulated hot coffee containers... it holds quite a bit. I can bring that to keep coffee warm... it just doesn't make coffee, though.

I doubt I will be able to bring anything else since I will be on the road, except maybe some home-canned goodies from the larder.

PIE PIE PIE PIE
ME OH MY
I SHALL BRING PIE :)

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

Like I said on the trades thread, I wouldn't want to attempt to bring any food of course but I will be glad to send a check to someone to buy pop (I am not afraid to say I drink a Heinie or two from time to time), chips, buns, plasticware, paper plates, or whatever. LMK

Many kisses!

is there a plug in at the spot for an electric outlet ?
i can bring a bbq if anyone wants to cook there ?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

No electric but I can get a generator I think.

Yuck... generators are noisy.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

It's a little one but I haven't heard it run.
Jim has it at work.
I'll give it a listen.

i can still bring the bbq its a charcoal one with wheels.
i think my MIL has a coffee thing i can bring and it keeps the coffee hot too . crowd size too
i will check on it

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I will claim this spot as mine. Too early to know what I will bring, so will just say "TO BE ANNOUNCED"!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Same here!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Sue! Do you remember how much food we had last year?????????
I don't think you need to mess with bringing a grill. You're gonna need all that space for plants! ;o)

LOL maybe your right Cookie :)

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I'm no cook. But if you'll let me know about how many to buy, I can get the plates, plastic tableware, and napkins. If someone already has this covered, let me know what kind of chips and dip to get and I'll bring that. Lou

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

Lou,
Don't worry bout the plastic ware I got that covered. I'm gonna be sending a check to Ric after we get a good count.

Toni

Franklin, OH

Count me in for this spot.

Williamsburg, OH(Zone 6b)

This will be my first. Someone give me an idea of what would be most needed?
we are local so traveling isnt going to be a problem.

anniemannie, if you are close, and can keep things cold in a cooler, I vote deviled eggs. Yum. Most anything, it is just a big pot luck, and I understand we will not have electricity to keep things warm, We usually have scads of desserts, but if that is your forte, bring them.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Isn't looking too favorable that I will get to be there.We now have 2 cars that need worked on,mine is either the gas tank,which would not be a problem,it's only $100,but if it is the lines going to the fuel pump that is $400.And for some reason DH lost brakes today.And with it being a 4 hour drive one way,that's too far to risk a break down.And then we need a motel.And since I have nothing to trade,I'm so bummed.

synda, you have about a month, give or take a few days. I am praying for a miracle for you and your car problems. Don't worry about anything to trade, if you do get there, I am sure that others will have extras, and you will leave with so many things to get planted out.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I'd just love to meet everyone.

praying that it will happen for you synda.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

me to!!!!! We really think it is the gas tank,but if we get it off and it's the pump,there's no way I can pull that out of my behind........no matter how big it is.It doesn't leak if it sets down hill a little.....LOL,but if it sets up hill or flat it leaks,and not even bad,just eough to make everyone around smell gas and look under there cars.Kinda funny to set and watch people in a parking lot.....LOL.

synda, maybe someone comes your way and you could hitch a ride?

I don't know where you are but if i m close to you i could give you a lift ?

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

That would be great....

Williamsburg, OH(Zone 6b)

Deviled eggs, Ice, some soft drinks. coolers.
Do we need to bring lawn chairs?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Last year we did a lot of standing and talking. But after that we sat at the picnic tables. If you'd be more comfortable in the lawn chairs....bring them on!

I always bring a folding chair!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

And Biscotti....lol!

Ric

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh yeah, don't forget the biscotti. Save a container for your hosts, too! ;o)

Ric, do you think Rox is still around? I know she had a ball at Jazz's house. If you have her contact info, maybe you can make sure she knows about it.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

We can bring a couple cases of beer in coolers of ice. Is that OK?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Sounds great to me! ^_^

Oh T you know the way to my heart !! BEER LOL is that a fat free drink ? lol
Im also going to bring a bean salad . I found the reciepe at SSE website. I got some of there beans Lina Cisco Bird Egg bean with a lemon tyme vinagerette I love there beans . Some day i may try and grow my own and dry them .
To bad we can't rig a expresso machine darius for your biscotti :(

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Does anyone have one of those thingies that plug into a cigarette lighter in the car that converts to an electric plug in.

oops sorry its a balsamic vinagerette
Hmm i have wondered about those synda ? i bet a camping place would have them , i can look for it.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Maybe like Dicks......Or Cabelas (sp)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.