Stacey's Packing Party Sign -up and pot luck

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Fellow Gardeners..
This is a post started so that you could please tell us if you plan to join Stacey's packing party on April 24, 09.
It is a Friday. I am helping to arrange a pot-luck luncheon. We also will have snacks to munch while working as it is a long day!! And many who drive over 2 hours may even want to take a plate for the drive home!!
Please take the time to put your name here if you plan to come and help and also what ever you would like to bring!
Any favorite recipe will do. Also please bring your own drinks.
OK GO......!!!!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I am bringing Sloppy Joes and 2 packs of Hamburger Buns,

Someone else will need to bring some buns too...

Connie

I asked DH if he was gonna come and he said no :(

So will just be me.

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I'll bring 2 packs of crusty buns...

Pepperoni
cheeses
dips
hot salsa
chips

Adult beverages.....plus water & pop...

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

I will be there, and I think I have talked the boy into coming along too:)
And he has requested that I make and bring banana pudding -specifically the "good kind" with the cool whip and 'nilla wafers, lol

Wheres everyone at?????yooohhooo Stacey!!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Wonder if tofew is coming to the packing party?

Julie if you have dmails from everyone thats coming you may want to send them this link... So they can post what their bringing :o)

Well I am off to bed, I can't keep my eyes open... Means I will be rising really early in the morning...

Niters, Connie

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

Will bring my homemade hummus and pita chips. I unfortunatley have to work that day, but will try to break away early. Depends on work load. Might bring my apprentice. he likes to garden.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

still working on this since i have kids to get off to school and dont know that hubby will be able to get time off to come with me!!! will let you know soon!!

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I think I am more excited about seeing you all then getting the plants!!LOL I see Connie a lot and as soon as I get to working again will be commissioning Dan for a couple outlets in the basement, and have seen everyone but Dori I think at least once since the last time:)

Do you all think that the basement was roomy enough for our purposes?? Julie-did you say you were bringing a table?? What time are ya'll planning on being here?? I wanted to start early again-hope to have more prepped than last time-need to get busy and get some more ink and boxes-time is running out way too quickly for me!!LOL

Loretta-don't forget my goodies:) Check out what I made this weekend in the pic below-as of right now I have crocus blooming, mini iris, and hyacinths are starting-hopefully I will have some tulips going when you all come!! I am upset about all the heaving this winter-even my edging was heaved!! And several heuchera, iris and other things:(

JULIE-can you keep a running list of the stuff that is being brought?? And where is the world is DORI?? My mom is coming too-will see what she is bringing-she is coming down today...

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

Speak of the devil!!LOL DORI-you HAVE to come-can't you at least get to Julies and maybe ride with her????????????

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I am going to get something worked out by this weekend!! Heck i can drive!!! Just want to see if dale wants to come along or if i get a friend to come or ..............alone again naturally

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Stacey did you paint those santas your self?

Nice projects :o)

Stac I start therapy on Tuesday and have no idea about Wednesday, won't know anything till I go back on the 31st (Tue)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori, like I said b4, if Dale don't want to miss work and come with you, you can always come down Thursday and spend the night here ;-)

You can do that-or maybe talk Deann or someone who is close to you to come too-whatever you want-but it wouldn't be a party without you!!

Connie-JLMK-if nothing else, maybe you can leave them for me someplace one day....and I am not telling my secrets Connie-you will see them when you come as they will be in the dining room still!!LOL I LOVE them and have though of so many other things I can do with that technique-trays, wall hanging, benches, tables, I can use snowmen, reindeer, gingerbread people, anything Xmasy really!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I make my own snowmen ^_^

Really there isn't to many things I can't make out of wood ^_^

The santa is fabric-you can't tell unless you get at least a foot away-so that is why I thought if I can find fabric of the others-then VOILA!!!

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

stacey..I am glad I am not the only one who lost stuff from frost heave this year..it was ridiculous!! I'd say over half of my anemone blanda corms ended up on TOP of the soil and rotting after this winter :(

I also have a couple heucheras and 2nd year perrenials that may not have made it for the same reason.

AngelI have been going around and "tucking" things back in-I am going to be royally peeved if I lost a lot-and the rabbits have eaten everything else to the goround!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man do I HATE them blasted things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I had a gun I would be huntin wabbits!!

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh do I feel ya on those dang rabbits..I have had really good luck with a combo of used kitty litter sprinkled around the perimeter of the beds and generous application of "liquid fence" deer and rabbit repellant..now of course my beds smell like cat pee and stink bait, but the bunnies have moved on to greener pastures, and haven't bothered my crocus since.

I use blood meal and am thing about the litter-I use biodegradable kitty litter-either yesterdays news or feline pine-and if you scoop the poop out, you can use the rest in your gardens without any ill effects-maybe I will save and sprinkle that around......

huh???Stacey will bring you some stuff,you forget the garage????

I know your secret how you did the sleds easy peasy!!!

I don't mind rabbits its those tree rats!!!

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

ooh, and dont forget those deceptively cute chipmunks..those little *&%$'s have already been digging in my pots and found a way into the garage where they have been wreaking havoc chewing up stuff and making nests in boxes..and I know it's them and not some other rodent because I had one shoot out of there and nearly give me a heart attack when I was digging some garden tools out for spring.

The tree-rats will be on my poo-list when they start taking a single bite out of every nearly ripe tomato and throwing them on the ground to rot like they did last year.

Try putting milorganite,they claim it works!!!I have a friend that sets traps for me and takes them on their way!!!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Of course I'm working that day, but I will see if I can switch with someone. It would be fun to see all of you again!

YEAH-Sharon you have to!! THat would be so cool!!!

Literal tree rats-EWW-GROSS!!!

Loretta-they were pretty easy-time consuming, but easy:)

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

What do think squirrels are? ;-)

("A squirrel is just a rat in a cuter outfit." was what Carrie said about them on an episode of Sex in the City, and I like that description, too)

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Dan!! You better cut work early!!! We MUST see your mist table again..I am bringing my camera!!
Hey Stacey I have someone to help with my little dogs this year so i do believe I can come early!!
I do have 2 long banquet tables with PVC top!! Do you need any chairs??
Hey thanks all for listing your goodies you are bringing!!
How about some Koegel Hot dogs with all the trimmings...I can also bring chili for the dogs, mustard, onions, relish, catsup,.....
I am bringing home made choc. chip cookies/ white choc. chip cookies.
Oh yeah some cole slaw too ??
It will be nice to see every one again!
Julie

OMG-what army are we feeding!!LOL

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

I'm coming and bringing a friend to help. Don't know what we will be bringing; maybe chips of various kinds to go with the sloppy joes and hot dogs. With dip we could be snacking during the day, too. I'll see if my friend wants to bring something.

NO FLUFF THOUGH!!!!

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Would you believe she sugested today that she bring a veggie tray and ......FLUFF!
I knew you would be happy aboaut that.

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

YEAH for FLUFF!!!
JZ

Oh NO-Julie you will NOT like this fluff!!! Mom-veggies are great, fluff is a NO-just tell her we already have sweet stuff being brought and need more snacky foods-or offer to carry the bowl and "accidentally" drop it in my driveway-PLEASE!!!

LOL...Stacey,is it strawberry fluff???I like that...^_^..

No-it is this thing with sugar free pudding, marshmallows, fat free, sugar free coolwhip, and pineapple-YUCKY!!

Yuck no thanks...sounds like something a friend makes hers is done with chunks of brownies or cookies!!!she thinks everyone likes it...with other things shes a good cook....

Hey Julie you still want it???Our Turface from Ray Hunters should be in b/f our party!!!Fine barks are in...

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Loretta that is great. Just let me know when they come in i will go get them or what ever!!
Oh i love pineapple with jello and fluff!!!
Well she can bring whatever she likes. As can everyone...
I am sure we will find something to keep our energy up while we pack all the plants everyone bought!!!!
Hey Stacey this year we should initial our inventory sheet when we finish packing the box so who ever gets a box with any plants missing can then torture the gardener who packed it!!!
That way you won't have to take any of the 'heat'!!
HA Ha!
Oh yeah Dori you and i could hook up if you want to to save on gas ....
OR Not ....Up to You!
Julie

I will Julie...the new manager is a member of my club,really a nice guy..bring your camera once we go to Dan's we can do pictures..I'll bring mine and one of you all can show me how to use it!!

Yeah Stacey me & Julie will eat her fluff..^_^

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Julie / Stacey and packing party ppl...

Last night when DH and I got home from Church, there was a voice mail informing me that my dad was in the ER... By the time I got there, they had already done a cat scan, He had congestive heart failure. Upon reading the cat scan they also found a massive, massive cancerous tumor and pneumonia, His whole left lung is solid white.

After my mom died in Nov of 2005, dad had a six by pass surgery in 2006. On March 12 2006 they had done xrays (but not sure what kind, my mind is going fast here) any way... Last night I just found out on one of those xrays it showed this massive tumor (at that time was only the size of a nickle) and when they did the open heart surgery, it just about killed him then because of the tumor.

He knew about it and hadn't told me. :(

The tumor now fills his whole upper lung and part of the bottom, and there is only a small part of the bottom lung it hasn't reached, which is full of pneumonia.

They can't do surgery to remove the lung, My cousin asked the Doctor on call, how long... I thought my heart would stop. His reply was 6 months to a year if that, BUT I really can't say because its in Gods hands and only God knows...

I have legal issues that I have to get taken care of, I never carried my dads last name growing up, I was 3 when him and mom got married. So he informed me that I need to get a DNA test done to prove I am his, so his brother doesn't step in and take everything away from me and my nieces and nephews.

So as it stands right now, I have no clue if I will be able to come to help with the packing, let alone bring the dish I said I would bring. So if some one else would like to commit to the Joes, thats alright with me..

If I can be there, I will be... But if I can't you know why...

Stacey if I can't make it, please take care of all my babies til I can come and get them... or be home for you to drop them off... I may have to move in with my dad to take care of him, because I know he won't stay at my house.

Please keep us in your prayers.

Connie

Kalamazoo, MI

I'm so sorry. I'll keep you in my thoughts. I'd moved in with my dad a couple of years before he started having various health problems. I was there to take him every morning to his radiation treatments and in the end had a hospital bed in the living room. It was hard work but the best thing you can do for someone you love.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.