Beautiful mistakes

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I had initially planted 6 loropetalums to create a circle around a citrus tree. The area turned out to be too wet and eventually I lost all but one of the loros. I replaced them w/ purple leaf vitex and that has worked well, except that it needs constant trimming to attain the semi-formal look I desired.

here is a pic. I thought that looked so pretty and as long as the loropetalum does well, I will let it be the colorful accent in my circle.

anybody else has any beautiful/happy mistakes?

Thumbnail by vossner
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm not sure that anything that blooms so beautifully could be considered a "mistake". Most things that grow in gardens are just naturally beautiful as long as they are healthy. Yours looks great!!

The birdfeeder developed this surprise for us from the seeds that spilled over.

We were very happy with the birds' sowing.

It usually works out well, doesn't it. Can't go wrong with such beautiful blooms.

Regards,

Teri

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED

how nice Teri and how summery.

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

I will probably have millions of sun flowers since I kept 5 feeders full all winter and the birds had them all over the yard I can see myself transplanting each and every one since I love them but I dont want them in my lillies and poppies so they will relocate to a nice sunny spot just for them

I grew a blushing susie vine from seed because I really wanted this to be the vine that would be climbing up onto my deck. The vine was quite mature when I put it outside because I had started it early indoors.

About one month later, the morning glories that were there the year before had dropped enough seed to really give my susies some competition, but I let them continue to grow anyway.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED

wow that is beautifull I would do it again so nice the pink with the blue

yep, the two vines are beautiful.

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Roses_R_Red........

What morning glory is that????? I would love some seed from that. I would be happy to exchange other seed with you if your interested.

Deann

my whole yard is a beautifull mistake since I do not do the planning thing per say I just add to fill in spaces and I love all colors so I do not do the pink over here and the white over there I look more for adding spring, summer, fall in each area so there is always something blooming everywhere, I just want flowers all over all the time lol color obsessed, and of course I plant the taller stuff in the back and smaller in the front hahah
I go for first is to please the plant by giving it the perfect home as for sun requirement or shade I just want everyone to be happy

I'll try to find out the name of the MG for you Deann. I didn't collect any seeds from this vine. As a matter of fact I pulled most of them out last year when they overtook everything and turned into mostly leaves. Once in a while I get one growing somewhere. If I see this happening, I will try to dig it up and send it to you.

Teri

Deann,

I just found the name of the morning glory. It was heavenly blue.

I will be growing that one but it wil be directly seeded outdoors

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Roses R Red.......thank you....no need to send me seed.....I can purchase that one in stores, but appreciate you doing the research.

Deann

I planted heavely blue, and pearly gates love the white witht he scalapini edge is so nice

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.