jqs. exe; error scan using file.net registry booster?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Howdy, Folks...

I was getting ready to download the latest Java version/update and during the installation I got a notice to close jqs.exe (can't load the new stuff with it running). I checked online to see what that file does and found info about how it could be the cause of certain errors. One website, file.net at
http://www.liutilities.com/products/campaigns/affiliate/cb/offer/fileneuber/rb/2/
mentioned it being the cause of a slow machine, crashing often, etc, all of which happens to me from time to time (especially the crashing, just out of the blue...but it always restarts, thankfully!).

Dare I run their scan to see what is up? Or will the scan itself put spyware on my 'puter? Or try to sell me something I "need"?

More importantly does anyone have any experience using their "registry booster" and is it legit?

Much obliged!
Shoe

This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!