Azaleas

Coushatta, LA

I went to Forest Hill to Doug Youngs Nursery and bought 1 gallon mixed azaleas for a 1.50 each.

Thumbnail by TheAngelGirl
Coushatta, LA

Picture2.

Coushatta, LA

Picture 3.

Coushatta, LA

Picture 4.

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Well, I think that those may all be the same kind of azalea. If there's one that's different, it's #3. the problem is that i know that I've seen several types of azaleas that throws out two different colors of blooms on the same plant. Sometimes, the blooms will be entirely one color, or 1/2 and 1/2, or mostly one color with flecks of the other...... all on the same plant.

My first gues is one called 'Quakeress' http://www.usna.usda.gov/PhotoGallery/AzaleaGallery/AzaleaQ-S.html

However, I think that there's one that might be a closer match, I just can't think of the name of it right now.

Coushatta, LA

No,they are not the same plant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The white azalea is a different plant.It is in all four plants.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2009 5:46 PM

This message was edited Mar 22, 2009 6:18 PM

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

so.... there's two plants in a couple of those pots? #1 and #3 maybe

Coushatta, LA

In all of them.They all have white azaleas in them.

Coushatta, LA

Here is better pictures of them.3 of them are the same.1 is different.The names of them are GG Gerbing,Lavrender Formosa and Gorge Tabor.

Coushatta, LA

Coushatta, LA

Coushatta, LA

Coushatta, LA

When they did the cuttings they didn't know they mixed them up until it was to late.Hey thats good with me because i have two in one can't beat that.

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

Hurray for you! Can't beat that!

Coushatta, LA

Thanks luis_pr.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.