Adjoining Greenhouses

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

I purchased 2 weeks ago a Rion Silverline Greenhouse from Sam's Club at a steal (compared to what is offered online for the same exact model: http://www.greenhouses.com/RionSilverLine6X8Greenhouse.html) and am thinking about buying a second one to see if I can attach the two either side-by-side or end-to-end for added space, which I already know I'm going to want/need. My hope is to have room for plants, potting, as well as a small sitting area outside where I can hide when I want/need to ... a "me-zone" of sorts with a "no trespassing" sign by the door. LOL

Hubby says I should just take it back and buy a larger one, but I LOVE this GH style/design, and cannot buy a larger one for the same price as buying two of the smaller (6x8) ones. I haven't constructed the first one yet (plan to erect it between today and Saturday as time allows). But I'm curious what some of you think about this, and what issues I might have in doing so. I have a level surface upon which both can/will sit, but not having had a GH before, I don't know what issues I might face in doing so. Any suggestions/warnings/ideas/concerns would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to this site (but loving every minute on it so far), so please, be gentle. :-)

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

I'd bet if you check the directions, you should be able to put 2 together end-to-end. You would put doors at each end for ventilation.

Milwaukee, WI

by the llok in the picture it looks like you could put them back to cack and just not put the panels in

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the feedback Cathy & Art. Ideally, I'd like to put them side by side if I could (making it 12x8), but end to end (6x16) might be the best option structurally if I go that route. Any idea if it would be structurally not a good idea? Or suggestions for things to do/consider if I do this?

I've found Rion as having very good support people, you might want to contact them, either by email or phone (very long distance.) The info should be on your directions.

Palmer, AK(Zone 2a)

I agreed with Cathy and Art...I think putting two greenhouses together end-to-end would be relatively simple. But I think it would be pretty hard to put them together side-by-side because of the roofs.

What you could do, though, is just have two separate greenhouses. You could use one greenhouse as your potting shed and greenhouse, and the other strictly as a greenhouse. You could set them up however you wanted to.

That would also give you other options for how your sitting area outside looks--it would be cozy (and very warm) if you placed the two greenhouses at right angles to each other and had your sitting area in the resulting "corner."

Oooh, I like that idea, add a little fence around the front of your area with that Keep Out sign, lol. Or put them face to face with a courtyard in between. I love my little patio in front of mine for sitting and potting when it is nice outside.

Palmer, AK(Zone 2a)

...add a little fence around the front of your area with that Keep Out sign....

Sounds perfect! :)

I want one that says "I want to be alone"

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

I think I'll be hitting Sams to buy another one. I don't know that I'll put them together, but I like the idea of them angled beside eachother semi-facing. I have a brick patio that each of them could come off that would be nice.

I started building the first one earlier tonight; got the frame and corners up, then lost daylight .... and the ribs were finished cooking on the grill. :) I imagine that after I get a cup of coffee in me early tomorrow morning, I'll hopefully have it finished by lunchtime. I'll follow up with pictures when it's done.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.