I dug up this Plum Tart corm today

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

I thought it was exceptional and wanted to share. The original corm, from bloomingbulb.com, was planted in 2007 and last year grew to be over 6' tall.

I KNOW I'm in LOVE!

Thumbnail by 4paws
Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Another shot, on the railing of my deck, which is 6" (translate 5 1/2", I think).

I had never planted glads before 2007 and went off the deep end, thanks to CountryGardens. I followed his planting instructions - deep, then bury as it grows. This plant was incredible!

Thumbnail by 4paws
Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Here she is, to show you the height. The top railing is 6' high.

Thumbnail by 4paws
Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Very determined, she worked her way around the railing...

Thumbnail by 4paws
Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

The color is incredible

Thumbnail by 4paws
Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Up close, so soft ...she looks like something to cuddle up in!

Thanks, Bernie, for kindling this enthusiasm for glads!

Thumbnail by 4paws
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Very nice flower. Just about planting time again here.
I have an order for 250 spikes of white glads for a wedding July 18. Weather is going to have to be perfect to be able to pull that off. Pretty early for here. I am getting 1000 new bulbs just to fill this order.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

I would love to see your fields in person, Bernie.
Now I'm relocating to Central FL...Glads should be happy there and I'll get some of your corms.

Is the size of that corm unusual?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I would think so, but then I've never had them in the ground for 2 years.
Somewhere in FL, they grow glads for cuts. Millions of them. One corm supplier I talked to said they shipped corms down there a semi load at a time.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

cuts?

(Arlene) Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

That is sooo pretty 4paws. I haven't planted mine yet. I can't wait to start mine up tomorrow. Where abouts C.FL?

That is beautiful countrygardens.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

That glad is huge 4paws, great color too. I think cuts means- for cut flower production.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Yes it does.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

I want to see that...millions of glads growing.

Thank you, Gardenia and pluto.

I'm heading to Citra.
:-) Should be situated by mid-June.

(Arlene) Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

I have over 300 I need to get in the ground. I am hoping to get at least 100 done today. Good Luck with your move and hope you adjust to the change quickly. Have fun gardening in Florida.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh, they will be lovely.
Thank you for the good wishes. I am sooo excited that there will be two seasons to grow in there! I haven't seen my new home in person yet, but the yard looks like a blank slate....once I get my dogs comfy (I have seen)....

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

Plum Tart looks beautiful!! I bought some in the glad co-op, can't wait to put them in the ground!

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

One of my favs!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.