How many would come to a RU on a weekday?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Robindog comes to visit her neice the end of July early August ,but arrives on Sunday and leaves before the following weekend.
I am trying to have a RU here and wondered how many interested in a weekday RU.
I'm not sure how many of you work,how many are retired in this area.
I'm just scouting out interest, details to follow.
Any suggestions welcome, no date for Robindogs visit, although there will be a date soon.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Would love to, but a) too far for me, and, b) will either be on vacation or involved with kids' summer activities at that time. Good luck, Jo Ann - I would love to see both your garden and paintings one day!

I would love to go. I talked to DH about going to NY "IF" there was a RU there. He said how long of a drive. I said well what if we went to Niagra Falls, I would love to see that. He muttered and I said - we could stay over night. So - I am at a no comment at this time.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the response Victor. I would certainly like to meet you too.
Love to pick your brains about where to put plants.Its a job that takes all winter.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I live in Pittsford NY about 1 hour east of Niagra Falls.
Hope you could come

This message was edited Mar 18, 2009 4:43 PM

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

JoAnn, I'll come if it's not on a work day.

North Augusta, ON

3 hours and change...and the Violet Barn is right on the way!! Have you ever been there?

I drove by it and thought of you!!

North Augusta, ON

cool!!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I head to Canada about that time. It could be a small detour for me, but no idea just yet when we are going. We often go one way up 81 through Syracuse so we can stop at the Dinosaur BBQ. I will follow this and see if we can make it if you do have a RU. I too would love to see your art and garden. Patti

We have Dinosaur BBQ here!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

too far for me on weekday

:(

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

How far from LI?? Would consider??? Plants will start awakening soon and need to divide!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Weekday wouldn't bother me so much as the distance..this is what Yahoo Maps says:
Trip distance: 558.94899.5 mi /Time: 9 hrs 3 mins

North Augusta, ON

Is the passport thing in effect yet?

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Ok googled it, it says almost 6 hours, ouchie! Well it could be 5, girl you are far from me!

Better contact Yahoo, Celeste. That mileage has two separate decimal places!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that means it's a lot

It's that last 10,000th of a mile that gets ya.

heehee

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for your responses everyone ,keep the advise and thoughts coming.
I will make a decission as soon as I hear from Robindog.
If she cant do it ,I'll make a different date as well but dont want to interfere with Boojums on the 20th of June.
Threegardners !! I dont know about the passport thing.
I would love to see some of the DGers from Canada.
This RU would be a swap - potluck- - meet.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Jo Anne, I just noticed this. Would love to come if you have it in August. How far are you from me, I'm wondering. If I had plenty of notice I could get the day off from work. I work during the week, but I jump at the chance to go to a Round Up. Do you know about mine in July? I can't remember if you replied on my thread. Here's the link: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/948734/ Also Boojum is having one in June. Here's the link to here thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/963915/

Karen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Not sure I will have it on a weekday now. Just not enough intrest.
I'm rethinking the whole idea infact.
Massachusets is too far a drive for me.Wish I was 60 again.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's not the day of the week, it's the distance! Jeepers creepers! I would love to see you and the Canadian folks too! Lee Anne, you do need a passport now, but you have time.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Been way too busy working (by NO means a complaint!!!) and I just noticed this thread. I guess it is about an hour and a half's drive out there.

I could come either way. (Benefit of being the boss!!)

I'd be happy to make some eats to bring!

Sherrie, Niagara Falls is about a leisurely 1/2 hour's drive north of my crib. One of my favorite haunts! We scattered dad's ashes over the falls .... not sure how legal that was, but we did it .......

P.s. Don't forget, my b-day is the first week of August!! ^_^ hehehehe

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

As I said, I would come, though I'm sure it would be quite a drive for me. Might have to make it an overnight trip. That might be too much for me for one day, unless I could get another DG member to carpool with me and share the driving. I would be coming with Dad and friend Karen, and neither one of them drives.

Karen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I doubt I will do this on a week day.
I had no idea who among you was retired and had an open schedual.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

Not sure yet but would love to go to at least 1 ru and meet some of you guys and share plants

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm working on a weekend day.Dont want to interfere with others in June, maybe July.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

Who knows I might be able it make it if the layoffs the governor is threatening state employees happens he says they will start in July. I may have plenty of days available!! Dreading this fiscal year!! Wish the state could find a way to "inspire" the people who make >$100,000.00 and eligible to retire, decide to retire instead. But then again they are the ones who are the laws so that's not likely to happen. Oh I need to add that they can NOT come back as private consultants after retirement either. It's always the little guys who get hurt.

sorry felt the need to vent.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2009 2:27 PM

Good luck, Debbie!

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks Victor. Got off on a ramble there. {{blushing}}

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

OW!

That's the sound of me biting my tongue!!

(Lest I be dismissed for my comments!!!)

Everybody ..... hold hands ..... sing with me now .......

Oh! Happy Day ..........

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Not too fast
I'm a geezer and cant dance as I used to.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

This is that there Gospel Music .... all you have to do is raise your hands and shake them about. Maybe turn around in your spot once in a while ..... you know .....

^_^

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

ohhh yeahhhh

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Too far for me sorry, but I have been to Dinosaur BBQ...yummmmm, the drunkin sloppy shrimp are the best!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

They have one in NYC now. I haven't been to it yet, but I can't believe it would be the same. Patti

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

It would be almost impossible for me

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Well, I'm having one in July, Jo Anne, though I doubt yours would really interfere with mine. Most people in your area would not come this far for a RU, and vise verse, probably.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.