Where can I find worm castings in Michigan?

Ann Arbor, MI

Shipping is so expensive, I would like to get them locally! Any leads? Thanks!

Julie

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I got a six pound bag for free. I forget which forum it was in here at Daves but there was a link to click on to get a free sample bag. It took a while but we all got a nice six pound bag of worm castings in the mail. We didn't have to pay for shipping or anything. Maybe you can try the search engine and find that link to see if any more are available.

I'm sure somebody else will remember better than me. It was a good deal.

Brenda

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

I'm sorry, I can't help it. Where do you get worm castings? From a worm's butt, of course. Or maybe from a "casting" Agent, but stay away from the "casting" couch.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Brenda, Dori (notmartha) posted it here in the Michigan forum last year, They aren't giving it away any more. I got a bag of it too... Now just got to figure out what to do with it. I have lots and lots of babies coming and not sure which to using it with LOL BUT I LOVE FREE

Connie

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Here is the contact information off the free six pound bag I got from Earthworm Castings.

American Organics, Inc.
212 Butler Street
Coldwater, OH 45828

www.americanorganicsinc.com

1-866-96-WORMS (1-866-999-6767)

Hope that helps.

Brenda

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

The link isn't working?....hope they didn't go out of buisness too...ughhh

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Maybe I typed it wrong.Let's try it again.
Try the phone number if the link won't work.

http://www.americanorganicsinc.com

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Well, that didn't work either. I did a google and I find the company but no website address. I looked here on Daves under their vendors and they aren't listed. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

It's strange because it had to cost them a fortune to mail out so many free six pound bags of this stuff and now you can't find them to order more if you wanted to other than the phone number and not sure if it's good.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I dont think they went out of buisness-but the free offer has expired!

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

If worms eat through things and their poo becomes castings, how do they seperate the poo from the dirt?!?

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

They don't. They just scoop it all up and mix it. You can find pure worm castings on top of the ground almost anywhere in your yard. They look like little piles. They stay there till the rain comes and washes them back into the soil.

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

I always though those piles were dirt!!!...lol...

Southfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi, I joined this summer but never took the time to check out the site as good as I could. I'm still trying but I was looking for info on red wigglers in Michigan. I was looking to see if anyone knew whether they can winter over in the ground here if ever needed.
I found worms and bin packages at the Northville Oktoberfest last weekend with a local company here in the Metro Detroit Area. It's www.thewormsdoit.com which gives their info. I am still waiting for an e-mail back confirming their schedule of local market visits for this area as they advise on their site.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

You could try Walts Crawlers there in Vanderbilt Mi. up north Maybe they could give you info I know that you can get them there but they don't ship they don.t have a web page either but we get our worms at the store from them ; Rick or Becky Cope (800)666-0487 realy nice people you have to go up there to get the worm dirt ! nice drive though
Gloria

Almont, MI

Drove past there on Friday, just east of the shipping barn is a sign "worm (something)" $2.00 a bag.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

thats the one !!! I think its Beckys dad and he sells them to make a little money there so nice I need to get up there but it will be spring be for I do we go mushrooming up there ;0)
Gloria

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

I've ordered RED WIGGLERS a couple times from mail order catalogs. They are supposed to be voratious (sp) eaters, but are not hardy to winter over outside in my zone 5 garden. Other worms would probably work, but slower. I have wintered my worm bin inside the house and that worked fine. The companies selling RED WIGGLERS only ship when the weather is warm enough for them not to freeze in transit. I think I payed $24 for a 1# bag, but the really did the job. There is a company in Michigan that makes and sells DAIRY DOO and they are now also selling WORM DOO. The price is fairly reasonable and all the work is done for you, LOL.

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

DAIRY DOO is made be Morgan Composting and their home is Sears, Michgan. They have several retail places on the east half of Michigan.

Southfield, MI(Zone 6a)

I bought some worms locally from a place in Northville, thewormsdoit.com. They go to a couple of local farmers markets but have a website and will meet people locally to make a sale. I think they work out of their homes. Reasonably priced and very nice people. I will have worms in the house this winter but I'm excited for the results.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/products/market/view/8355/
here on daves

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Someone had an ad in the paper here selling worm castings. It was a commercial worm farm I think. Anyway, they were selling one ton of the stuff for $500.

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Thats a ton of crap! :)

Grass Lake, MI

My laborers and the fruition for my C.S.A. ( SAVOURY GARDENS)..........

:>) Bill

Thumbnail by ofrody1
Grass Lake, MI

My laborers and the fruition for my C.S.A. ( SAVOURY GARDENS)...

Thumbnail by ofrody1
Grass Lake, MI

Worm Castings: Black Gold

Bill :>)

Thumbnail by ofrody1
Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Does that mean you sell your poo in a pale? Or simply showing us the poo you will be using?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.