Bluebird Haven Iris Garden

Franklin Grove, IL(Zone 5a)

Has any one bought from them, and were you pleased? I found them in the American Iris Society Bulletin, so they should be ok. However I checked in Dave's Garden , and found no one has commented one way or the other in the last 12 months. They have some really great prices. Some times price can blind you to reality. I have been searching for some of the early Dykes medal winners, and their prices are about half of what others are asking. Thanks Nachusaron

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Good morning.

Yes, I've ordered from them last year, and am considering another order. It was a nice smooth order and rhizomes were in good shape.

The iris I ordered have not bloomed, yet, so can't say anything about that(them being the correct id), but everything else checked out ok.

They do have some iris that no one else seems to have, and have great prices.
-T

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

I will go and post something for them, her iris's are little power houses. One of them in particular since last season has 6 new increases. Very happy with Mary Hess !!!

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

I have ordered from them several times and they are HIPS approved as far as Mary Hess has really neat historics true to id. Several by Loyd Austin and she has many moderns. I generally get most of what I order without too many substitutions. Plenty of bonus iris as well when I have big orders. Did not order last year because she was redoing her website. Plan to later this year when I want to verify my noids or know what I want to try for photos for the HIPS Gallery but I am running out of iris space room at the moment.

Julianna Fogg

This message was edited Mar 24, 2009 5:36 PM

Hebron, KY

Here's the direct link for Bluebird Haven Iris Garden, if anyone is interested without having to go to the Garden Watchdog.

http://www.bluebirdhavenirisgarden.com/

I'm going to look some more there, make a list and wish/drool. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.