I need help learning about "Survival/Crisis Gardening"

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

For lack of a better title, I would appreciate some help learning about "Survival/Crisis Gardening". What I would like to do is educate myself and prepare for a "food crisis" in the event of a catastrophic event in our country that ends our ability to go to the grocery store to get our food and we need to live off our own land again. I need to find varieties of seeds that will produce not only their 'fruit' but also produce seeds to plant for the following year. I need to learn how much seed you need per acre, how many acres per family, what the best crops are to meet nutritional needs, etc.? ...Do you follow what I mean? If anyone here knows what I'm talking about (LOL) I would deeply appreciate their help. :) ....Hopefully the "need" will never happen, but I think it's wise to be prepared.

Also, If you know of anyone on here who is a wiz at doing Survival/Crisis gardening, please point me in their direction. :)

Can't wait to hear from you all!
Thanks!
Glenda

This thread has 36 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!