What are you excited to see this year

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

I am sooo excited this year! I have so may possibilities I hope will finally bloom this year

The most exciting one I am waiting for is Daughter of Stars X Persian Padishaw
this is a reblooming Tall Bearded crossed with an OGB+ or 3/4 bred arilbred

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Another cross I tried was a self with Earth and Sky X Earth and Sky a reblooming SDB I also crossed it with other rebloomers but they won't bloom until next year

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is a cross that was an experiment.

I crossed my Lakeside Elf with Decedence. I never saw decedence bloom with arilbreds so well I just could not resist. It will either be very ugly or something special

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This was also an experiment
I crossed the MTB Pug which I just love with Gypsy Queen (Salter 1859)
Also a test cross trying to bring some of those tough historic genes forward

This message was edited Mar 16, 2009 8:20 AM

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Razzeberry Dressing with the help of a bee produced a pod and well we will see what they are when they bloom

Thumbnail by avmoran
Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Awesome! I hope you post pictures when they bloom. Especially can't wait to see Lakeside Elf and Decadence.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the iris I planted in 2007 that didn't bloom last year.

We sure have a lot of patience, don't we!

South Hamilton, MA

I have to wait at least 2 yrs for my BB crosses from 2008 to bloom. while my pink SDB crosses failed last spring I got 3 pods easch from borders. An orange BB seedling had 2 stalks, one the correct height & one slightly taller. Grrr I said, among other things & upon looking around saw a blossom on Ben Hager's BB, Something Special which is peach. So as each SS flower opened I put the pollen on the seedling.

BB Preposition bloomed for the first time, it is a luminata (looks like a reverse plicata) for those who don't know the term. It was listed at 23", so I bought it as I figured I had a chance for it to be at the proper ht. When it bloomed it was 29" & as I don't have a small plicata, I crossed it to Margaret Beaufort which is a plic carrier. Again I had 3 pods. MB plants take several yrs to geminate & most of the flowers will be purple (prior experience) so they may not turn out to be plics at all. It will be interesting, but I hope they will have a portion of them as good borders. Several crosses from previous years will be reaching bloom size, with plicata SDBs among them. No pictures here; you all have a low tech correspondent.

Kansas City, MO

I crossed Silverado and Kevin's Theme and this year the seedlings are mature enough to bloom. I hope to see them ugly or not, it will be a treat. the fans are sooo wide and substantial like foliage from KT. Both are vigorous cultivars, though.

Last year I crossed Sweetly Sung with Temple of Time. There were mannnny seeds. I hope some seedlings start up this year from that.

Irisawe

Lebanon, OR

I want to see a cross from 07 cross of Tink x Summoned Spirit
ast this is the first bloom and want to see if second bloom is better

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Dee-
I have both of those iris, but would have never thought to put them together...I guess I thought only TB to TB, BB to BB, and so on...

Neat looking iris...it really followed heavily after summoned spirit...

Lebanon, OR

I cross all different types to get something different...have not checked for height bud count on it with just first bloom

But does favor SS the most...wanted an IB with SS coloring.

D

Cherryvale, KS

I'm always excited to see my new purchases from 07 & 08 bloom!! HAPPY MONDAY BIF's!

South Hamilton, MA

A BB seedling Black Sergeant X white BB seedling bloomed last yr. It is White, tinted lavender. I hope to see the others in the cross.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.