Where can one go for help on consumer safety?

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

This is probably not the place for my post, but I am incensed, and looking for help. A few days ago I was in my local WalMart Garden Center. I am an avid gardener- they have begun setting up for spring, and as I went down the aisle of deck and patio lights, I saw some interesting sets of 10 small lights- different things- I liked the leaf design, so I took a box and went to an electrical outlet to plug it in and see how it looked. I looked on the box to see what length it was- in very small print was this (not verbatim) WARNING- TOUCHING THIS CABLE COULD EXPOSE YOU TO LEAD, WHICH IS KNOWN TO CAUSE CANCER. WASH HANDS AFTER USING. Of course this was made in China. put a cute set of lights on a deck and watch the kids come to see it- of course touching it. I am fit to be tied- in the age of finding out about all the dangers from Chinese made junk, millions of these, and I'm sure, other stuff will be sold- What can a person do? There must be someone somewhere who cares, and has enough clout-- but where? and how do we reach them?

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!