What do you think of Semu?

(Zone 4a)

I love the colour of this clematis...do any of you have her? I am contemplating on maybe doing my first online order for plants but I am still nervous....ahhhhhh.....who knows I probably won't even go through with it......I am such a loser!

http://www.gardenimport.com/spblvl3.php?lvl=Clematis&nm=SEMU&ref=CL4465

Delaware, OH

just planted it in the fall, so don't know nothing yet. i think it will be a great clem tho!

(Zone 4a)

Oh la la definitely get some photo's this year pleeeeeeeease!

Delaware, OH

won't count ckiks before they hatch. i do not have as good success rate with fall planting than with spring.
but will def take photos if it comes on well.
i will probably not let it bloom if it is semi vigorous. if it is very vigorous i will let it bloom, then take action before it is spent so that it can concentrate on roots and establishing a great plant.
i generally follow that guideline vs not letting a vigorous plant bloom at all in first season in my garden. but one of those one shoot plants that struggles and then finally sets a bud or two...i nip and pinch and just don't let a new one give such disappointing results.
i have a lot of new plants out there for last fall....will be interesting for sure this year.

hand in there and hope your winter is over soon dawn!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I believe Jeanne TX is growing Semu, if my memory serves me correctly.

(Zone 4a)

Thanks Shirley - maybe I will dmail her and see what she thinks of this one?

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Good idea.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. I love that blue.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.