CLOSED: Offer: Nandina domestica 'Heavenly Bamboo'

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Hello all, I am offering Nandina domestica 'Heavenly Bamboo' for trade or Postage. This plant is a beautiful evergree shrub that is prized for its autumn foliage. It can be spread by spread by seed and runners, but is easily controlable. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

Thumbnail by theplantguys
Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

How big are the plants, and how much do you think postage would be? I am looking for some of this to line along a fence. I don't have much to trade, mainly seeds. I have some really cool purple Hyacinth Bean Vine seeds, and I could also send postage if they aren't too big/heavy. Thanks! Jennifer

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

They can get up to about 6 to 7 feet and have a column form. They can be kept at any height and have average growth rate. If you space them 2 to 3 apart they can be grown into a hedge. They are evergreen and the foliage changes from green to red in the fall. The berries are striking. I would really like to try the blue globe onion if you are will. Just let me know how much seed you need and i can probably get you what you want. Thanks

Philippe

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Phillipe, the globe onion was supposed to be on my "want" list. I have changed it, thanks for pointing it out! I will see if I can find some locally.

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Sure, no problem

Parkersburg, WV

I would take some for postage if that is okay. just d-mail me.taj12

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

I hate to put a damper on your trade but I don't know if you're aware that Heavenly Bamboo is considered an invasive plant in much of the southeast. It is listed as such on the USDA Plant list for Invasive and Noxious weeds.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Beautiful Phillipe.

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

sempervirens, thanks for the info. Yes I am aware of its ability to spread, but it is widely used in landscapping and is very beautiful. In this area it is extremley common, but it can be very easily controlled. The only straw plant I have had was due to the birds, other than that is has always been very easy to handle. If anyone is interested do be forewarned of this fact. Thanks again sempervirens.

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

If I have not contacted anyone who has made a request please d-mail me, Thanks

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

I sent you DMail Z

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Philippe, What is the hardiness zone? I am zone 5. I know they sell it in the nurseries here. I think it probably is ok but just doesn't retain it's evergreen leaves in the winter?

Thanks, Jeanette

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

I have a friend who has told me that it survives in MI, so I would think it could make it there also.

P

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Here is my heavenly bamboo. It's survived Chicago winters although it doesn't get as large and it doesn't spread.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2009 7:46 AM

Thumbnail by roserairie
Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

P, what are you looking for in trade?

Jeanette

Brewton, AL(Zone 8b)

Anything realy, Just D-mail me what you have. Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.