Meet Jackpot

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I got some "fun hatch" eggs on ebay. Listed as Naked Necks, Frizzles, etc..

I got a darling lil, what I thought was a showgirl, since it has feathered legs.. but now they are frizzled!! I love it. Has those rings around it's eyes like the dog did on Lil Rascals. LOL
Look at the tiny frizzle feathers on her legs. :)

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
Ferndale, WA

ZZ's !!! What a cutie.

What did you name it? How many eggs did you buy and how much? I'm nosey.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you Haystack!

I named it Jackpot cause the girl I bought the eggs from has been wanting a "showgirl" for a long time.. I felt I hit the jackpot with these eggs.

I got a lil black chick that is frizzled too.. I took a pic, but it was terribly blury..
I also got 3 silkies... One that is really loud colored partridge, the other two were buff.
6+ egg auction I won for $7.11 (how could I help but name the first one Jackpot!)
5 nice chicks from a 6+ auction!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=230323567365

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Oooo, too cute. But there's snow out here and it's making me cold to look at it's poor nekked neck. Maybe Claire could knit it a nice, tiny little scarf from little lamby-wamby wool... polka dotted with stripes?

Is there a frazzled one? We could use a mascot for the Great American Chicken Drive and we'll be lookin' pretty frazzled by the time we get to Dodge...

Jay

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL How cute would that be!!! A butterscotch scarf on Jackpot? LOL

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Jackpot is adorable. None of mine have pink skin. I wonder why the different skin color. Is that a frizzle trait I wonder??? And the yellow beack. Mine all have black skin and dark beaks. Yours looks so soft!! awwwww... wittle tiny ity bity baby. I love her. Out of 6 eggs, I think you indeed struck the jackpot! wooohooo!!

Lodi, United States

ZZ, does it have to be butterscotch?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Sewin.. I'm thinkin that's cause I jumped the gun thinking it was a showgirl.. it's probably a cochin/turken. She has a frizzle chochin roo.. and that's probably the dad. A silkie/showgirl would also not have feathered feet.. it would be silkie..
All that baby fuzz made me loose my goggles.. I'm sorry. LOL

Need you ask, Catscan? I mean, can you actually see anything but a butterscotch shawl on Jackpot?

Lodi, United States

Okay--I'll shear the sheep and get the dye vat stirred up. Sigh.

Ferndale, WA

I don't know what she is, except she is outstanding. What a great name!! Your so good at what you do, and I agree you surely did hit the jackpot. What a fun way to find these great surprises. I really tickles me that you can spend seven dollars and end up being tickled out of your skin. You'd better name on TICKLES! don't you think??? Have a great day ZZ' S and thanks for sharing. Haystack

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh I did not notice the clean legs. I was sucked in by Jackpot cuteness!! awww! Its adorable no matter what it is. So its a cochin turken? WOW! If its a girl you can breed it with a silkie and get your own showgirls. hehehe I dont care what it is...ITS ADORABLE!!! ;) (and the name rocks)

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Catscan... how 'bout some nice sunset colors? Or maybe turquoise with a splash of purple? Something to pick up the nice blue points... butterscotch is awfully conservative for you, ZZzz.

Group fashion consult...

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

That is so true Haystack.. I am so easy to please. I had surgery on my mouth and wasnt' good for any work this weekend.. but I hung out with my chickens and dug in the garden.. it was great.
I got to see things that totally thrilled me.. Like my big Barnevelder roo put his head down against the fence and let some chicks peck at his comb! Until one did a tug o war, he just let them.. it was so cute!
Or my favorite Blue Ameracauna hen help check out every weed I pulled up.. she would look me right in the eye if I took too long!
That is what makes me happy!
That's exactly how I feel Sewin! I don't care what she/he is.. it's too cute to matter! LOL
But Butterscotch is soooo soft and fluffy!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Fluffy, wuffy, puffy babies make us talk funny. ;)

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

OH ZZ so cute....

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Catscan - whose sheep are you shearing??

Jackpot is the bomb - she is just adorable!

Lodi, United States

Shhhhhh! The sheep are in the basement.....

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

That sounds like one of those lines from a spy movie, where someone picks up the phone and says "The sheep are in the basement" and then hangs up, and suddenly a SWAT team emerges and all he*& breaks loose...

(p.s. See new thread on llamas ducks and chickens, and help me ID my chickens!)

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Don't say that! She'll be bringing them over here in a panic! LOL

Lodi, United States

Don't listen to ZZ--she is planning on dumping her excess adorables in my basement, where they will have to compete with the sheep for forage. I was just able to fend her off with some blue copper and black Marans pullets.

Watch for us on the next A&E episode of "Intervention".

"A wet duck does not fly at night." Got it, Moxon?

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

"The Eagle has landed, I repeat...The Eagle has landed." over..covert ops...ohhh goodie!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Got it Agent Catscan.

The alfalfa is moldy. I repeat, "The alfalfa is moldy."

Blue copper maran pullets? Oh, my poor deprived heart.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Ha Ha Ha... who's got the Shamos??

Neener Neener...

How bout some darling silkies Catscan... they are sooooooo cute! They love you... They want to come see youuuu

Lodi, United States

I am putty in ZZ's chicken stained hands--sure, send them over.....are you ready for the wheaten Penedesenca quartet?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

HEY!

"The pickle is not in the jar."

Ya hear that???

grumble...

Lodi, United States

Moxon: If you want to benefit from my incredible success with rare breeds--find a job for me in Iowa:0)

"A watched egg never pips."

"The kim chee is bubbling."

Got it?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

No... not ready.. I keep trying to forget about those!

Newton, AL

what a cute baby! I ordered some of those eggs too! not sure what I have, they all have feathers on their necks. I love the one you got. So cute.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

The coffee is in the cup...(I hope)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

The barnevelder eggs are in the hatcher, by the way. No pips yet.

Oh, whoops, I suppose I was meant to say "The rabbits are in the hay."

Whew!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

The carrots are in the garden.

Come on babies pip pip horray!

Lodi, United States

Moxon: "The Blues are in the Mail." Repeat: "The Blues are in the Mail."

sewingcircle: "The chickens are in the garden. The carrots no longer are."

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Moxon has hissy fit considering Catscan getting Iowa Blue Hens, pouts, and sticks her tongue out in the general direction of California. Moxon is petulant and immature, and should be walloped with a wet noodle.

To Nobody in Particular: "The goat has eaten the pencils."

To Catscan (in a thinly veiled ruse to lay her hands on some of Catscan's rarer breeds):
There are a bunch of recent job openings in our Dallas Center facility here in Iowa, which is where the breeders work.... http://www.pioneer.com/employment/openings/search.asp

And hey, you never posted any pics of your Fayoumi...

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

LMBO most of my pencils look like a goat ate them. hehehe

Lodi, United States

Moxon is extra-ordinarily dense.

Question: Where do Iowa Blue eggs go when released?

Answer: Not California.

And ZZ's babies are all extremely cute--even the Shamo she has stashed in my basement.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I can't wait for the blues to land.. that's gonna be funny. Ever tasted crow Claire? LOL LMBO

One Dot Serama comin your way Catscan.. (along with several other itty bitty fluffs of yours)

Lodi, United States

Back at you with some Barnevelder roos, ZZ.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

No way....NO WAY! You sent ME some of your Iowa Blue eggs! OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!! Aaaahhhhhh!!!! I'm too excited! kdladkjfaldkjfladdkjflakj!

THUD...

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

The Medic is at Claires...I repeat...The Medic is at Claires over

Lodi, United States

Moxon! Moxon! Wake up and start the Brinsea!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.