What I have to do an intro

boonies, MT

HUH,What talk about myself in an intro oh my gosh,oh alright.
Where to start,lets see the crone sent me here but in reality I have traded with a couple of members who have their trade lists on this site.Lets see garden stuff I suppose you would like to know that since this is a garden sight huh,geez,well here goes I am in Northwestern Montana at the base of the lovely Rocky Mountains.My zone falls into a 5 because of the large lake in the area.My actual yard runs several micro-climates from 3 to 6.We own 7 and a half acres and about 4 of it is landscaped into various gardens which all blend into the wildlife area that surrounds it.We grow perennials,annuals,vegetables,native plants,and a small orchard.Come on now have I shared enough to play huh huh

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Good girl. Go play now, LOL!

Actually it is nice to know a bit about our newcomers....but in fairness, (since I sent you over here), here's a bit about me, too. I'm a stay-at-home mom (after 10 years of corporate life. FREE AT LAST is my motto.) My kids range in age from 16 (please pray for us) to 6. Two boys and the "Princess". DH and I have been married for almost 19 years. We moved back to "God's Country (also known as Tennessee) last year to be closer to his parents, who are not in the greatest health.

Before that, we spent 15 years in Oklahoma, where the wind does come sweeping o'er the plain. 24/7. Nice to garden without wind, although the humidity can be a bit much.

Serenity, don't know if you wanted that much info, but it's nice to have you here - sign up for some forums, post away, create your own home page, tradelist, and generally "play in the garden."

boonies, MT

LOL,I happen to like that much info.I guess I forgot to say I have to share my house with the husband and 3 monster boys(17,15,11) not to mention the dogs cat and bear who has decided I have good garbage and fruit a getting ripe.
We do not have humidity thank goodness I hate it we just have unpredictable weather,like the snow in June

Welcome Serenity from the Sunflower State sounds great where you live. Glad ya found us and looking forward to
reading your posts'See ya,Sis'

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Removed by member request

Jay, OK(Zone 6a)

Hi Serenity!
I am new too, but wanted to say HI!
Dori

Havertown, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Serenity. Reading about all our new "transplants" has kept me busy this afternoon. Welcome from another mom of 3 monster boys. Mine are 14, 12, and 10. There are also TWO princesses, 20 and 17. But no BEARS here! I'm city born and city raised, and we stayed in the city for the first 25 years of our marriage, till we moved to the suburbs last spring.

I loved reading about your microclimates and imagining your mountain views. Must be breathtaking. From MY house I can see...um...the TROLLEY line. :-)

suky

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5a)

Just wanted to say HI to a fellow newcomer!

Cathy

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hi Serenity. This is a great website. I live in the boonies in northeastern Oregon, so we are neighbors. The boonies are just right for me too. Our nearest neighbors are 1/2 mile at the closest. There are ranches all around us, most folks here raise cattle and hay. We have mountains on 2 sides of us and a view that goes about 50 miles. We can see to the Idaho side of the Snake River. Anyhow, welcome to Dave's.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

im a michigan mother of 5 boys..22,18,16,8,4. hve fun here at davesgarden
dori-the first one here! =]

boonies, MT

Thank you for the welcomes,I am starting to feel at home already,,I will have to get a bit more familiar with this sight ,,then perhaps can share some pictures of my area,,once I learn the posting rules,,

MzMunchkin,,you got it ,,thats what we refer to our place as,,it is in a forested area,,you find the drive way and start to pull in it begins to clear just where our are begins,,then you see the big look of three of the mountain peaks ,,because it seems most peoples eyes are drawn up,,as one comes in you start to see the color from the thirty some gardens,,get out of the car and you hear the creek that also flows through for background music toss in the birds the occasional song,,the sound of the hawks,eagles and ravens that play in the wind currents above us,,and you have our place,,

30 mi. east of San F, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Serenity. Now that your identity is out of the bag, I see that you've let your commas escape again! It sounds like you live in a beautiful place. Lucky you!

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Serenity,
HOWDIE from the latest voted off the island!!
Nice to have been directed to such a friendly place.
I look forward to mixing things uo here with you.
PEACE,
Susie

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Oh no. Not others with three boys that close in age. Wait until they are all at home and the youngest starts driving. The insurance company made a fortune off of me. Especially after my middle son hit the police cruiser. Oh wait that was wrong. He didn't hit the the police crusier he hit another car and it hit the cruiser.LOL I can laugh now but it wasn't funny at the time it happened. I survived them and they are all in their 30's now with kids of their own. Welcome all you newbies from one of the oldies.(more ways than one) Jim

Mason, MI

Hi Serenity,
Your place sounds wonderful!
Your post (and Dori's re: your kids) made me laugh.
Having raised two really great sons
(and surviving their teenage years), I
can only smile (after reading your post)
and remember the grocery bills,
the clothing bills (their feet growing rapidly
through 3 shoe sizes in 6 months, e'gads!)
the car insurance bills and finally the college bills.
I'm blessed, my sons grew to be wonderful young men. :-)
Welcome from Oscarsdotter

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

holy cats! all these boys roaming about - as the mother of only one, i gotta ask: how in the world do you all do it????

on the other hand, i know there's nothing like a big ol' hug (comlete with kiss atop the noggin)(he refused to stop growing...), so having several opportunities for 'em must be nice...

boonies, MT

How did I miss susie q posting on this ,,,waving Hello Suzy hello,,,,uh huh,,nice to see another refuge ,,LOL

Thank you Jim,,LOL,,well now #1 turns 18 this week ,,and well ummm hate to say it but living out in the boonies all three of our kids do drive,,the 2 oldest both have 76 datsuns pick-ups,,oh ya and #2 has a 49 international to boot,, the youngest has been learning to drive on the back roads with mom and dad and a matter of fact,,simply because in an emergency if our phone lines go down he can drive over to the nieces house 4 miles away,,LOL,,Now don't ya hate it when those darn police park their car in the kids way,,,lol,,my husband was a game warden years ago and his truck got hit 4 times by kids trying to escape from parties,,LOL,,

OscarsDotter,,love that name since my e-mail is Oscar the snowman,,named after my ummm ahhhh welll weenie dog..Do teenage boys eat,,,geezz is that what you call it when they trip into the kitchen and empty all the cupboards,,, and geez feet what can I say ,,I really hate going to the shoe store fighting with stinky footed boys who all of a sudden need giant clown shoes that the store does not carry,,,LOL,,,ok ok so my older boys wear sizes 11 and 13s and the 11 year old has these tiny tiny little feet that are going through a new pair every other month,,last pair was a mens 91/2 already ,,bah,,,worse yet they want to pick out their own style,,I miss the old days when I could say these are cute ,,,and they would wear them,,LOl,,

Isis dang it Now you be good or I will be sending you all three,,I am sure Zac would love to have a brother or 3,,,hmmmmmmmmm ps they all give good hugs ,,and they know how to garden,,uh huh,,,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.