In my yard yesterday

Kealakekua, HI

You can only really see two of the wild cows.

Thumbnail by mlassi
Lindenhurst, NY

Holy Mackeral. Wild cows, that is so neat. Great pic.

Keaau, HI

What are those trees?

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

How very cool! Do the cows come into your garden often? What a surprise to look out of the window and see wild cattle!

Keaau, HI

The biggest surprise would be finding out how much the cows would rather be chewing up your garden than eating the wild plants!

Sinking spring, PA(Zone 5b)

Wow. Very cool. Do the cows have their own breed designation?

Keaau, HI

I think they are know as: Mauna Kea yuk yuk moo moos!

Kealakekua, HI

Metro, The dead trees are what Hawaiians used to make tree saddles from . I dont know what they are called. The big one towards the back is a strawberry guava tree.
The cows are several breeds. They have been breeding loose for over 10 years now. My veggie garden (most of it) is inside a fenced pasture.
The good part with wild cattle is the free fertilizer....lol

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

How cool is THAT!!!! Unfortunately, those wild cows are helping to destroy the wild koa...

Kealakekua, HI

Yesterday we some Long Horn cattle by the flood control ditch. Wish I had had my camera then!

Sinking spring, PA(Zone 5b)

Re: Mauna Kea yuk yuk moo moos......if I can figure out how to pronounce that!?!?!?!? I promise I will name my first cow that, when we have cows.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Dave...you are too funny!!! Yukyuk Moomoos...too much!

Kealakekua, HI

this was just a bit ago. this one is tagged and belongs to hubby's cousin or aunt. cant eat this one....lol

Thumbnail by mlassi
Keaau, HI

Just one more quote from one of the Big Island's more prestigious visitors:

"Sacred cows make the best hamburgers"!

Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens).

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

LOL, Dave!

Are they the ones that turned the trees upside-down?

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

LOL Dave!

Mlassi, how lucky you are to have family living close by - do all the cows roam freely even if they belong to someone?

Kealakekua, HI

BHM, the cows arent supposed to roam but a ranch didnt repair their fences about ten years ago, so lots of their cattle got loose. The cousins know about the tagged one and are going to catch her when they have a chance. Our property abuts one of hubby's cousins, and where the cattle are being photgraphed is owned by my motherinlaw and her cousin. We are surrounded here by cousins. Hubby's family has lived on this land since the 1860s.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.