SURPRISE LILY'S FOR IRIS

Highland, IL

I have many Surprise lily's or naked ladies that I am separating. I have been "lurking" at all of your beautiful iris. I do not care if they are unnamed, I would just love something different. If anyone is interested in trading, please send me a dmail. Laura H

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

I have always wanted some magic lilies/naked ladies (Lycoris squamigera). I will be digging
and giving away about 30 different irises in early July. Keep me in mind if you would like to
trade. By the way, we are almost neighbors. Before I retired, I ran rte 50 to St. Louis and
Dupo many times.

Highland, IL

I am from Dupo!! I moved to Highland 6 years ago when I got married! And yes, I will be happy to trade in July. Thanks!! Where did you live?? St. Louis, Dupo or up rt. 50??

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Salem, IL. At the junction of US 50 and I-57. About 80 miles E of St. Louis. UP RR has a big
yard at Dupo. Before I retired, my manager's office was in Dupo. I had 43 years as a telecom
tech with the UP/MP/C&EI RR.

Magic lilies always fascinated me by their popping up from nowhere and disappearing into
nothing.

I will have whites, blues,blacks, pinks, bitones and some old blue, yellow and white historics
to unload. I am committed to a number of iris forum buddies but there should be enough to
give you a sample of everything. Glad to hear you are not concerned about names. Mine are
all unnamed or misnamed so it will be a "hobo stew". I moved all of mine several times and
have lost all the name info. I have a few such as 'Batik', 'Gnu Flash', 'Edith Wolford' and
'Pass the Wine' that are unique enough to identify from memory.

Highland, IL

My whole family were RR's. Guess your not surprised being from Dupo! That just shocked me when you typed the name! Too funny.

there has been magic lilies in my yard my whole life, my grandma and mom had them. Its so neat when you look out today and nothing there, then the next day, there it is!! We have had them pop up through snow!! It's the only pink flower in my garden. I'm really not big on pinks, but that lily, it just has to be in my yard!!

You just send me a note if you remember in July when you thin out your beds. You don't have to send me one of each, just what you can spare.

Thanks again for the trade, I am wanting to make a bed in our side yard with Iris and Lilys. Its a large space, so I have been collecting for a couple years and will separate my daylily etc. to make the beds.

Laura H

Vandalia, IL

hello Laura and olegardenrose,,please remember I bought my 67 varities from a lady in greenville,Ill.. she has every thing very well marked and pictures...Every year she divides,and sells for $2 for 2 or 3 fans..I did not loose any,this year ...I will see what I bought..we should have lunch and my house,,its 1/2 way! Dee....vandalia

Highland, IL

Dee, send you a dmail!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.