Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Here comes the early bloomers

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Another

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Harvey lemon experiment looking bad right now. It was starting to bloom and leaf out about a month or so ago until that cold snap.

I don't know what will happen to this guy, it's a shame because he grew like crazy last year. Thought I would have a bunch of lemons this year.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Plumeria overwintered in the house and he's ready to go.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Last one. Can you believe my 4 year old beat us all in WII bowling??????? Only happened once but how did that happen?

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Looks to me like both little ones are getting pretty good. :-)

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Cam has a 150 average. Syd is more a 120 bowler which is why I have know idea how she did that.

Don't you know that's how women (even little women) are; we lull you into thinking we don't know what we are doing then WHAM, gottcha!

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I do have a few flowers starting to bloom.

Leucojum aesvestum 'Gravetye Giant'

Thumbnail by TomH3787
Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Ipheion uniflorum 'Wisely Blue'. The foliage got a little frost-bitten from the cold but they should recover.

Thumbnail by TomH3787
Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Crocus tommasinianus.

The lighting for today's pictures is poor because it was cloudy - the colors don't show very well.

Thumbnail by TomH3787
Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Narcissus 'Trevithian' (all yellow) and 'Kedron' (orange cup). These are jonquillas, they're very fragrant and multiply well. They are leaning over because of the snow a couple of weeks ago - it pushed them to the ground and they never completely recovered.

Thumbnail by TomH3787
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Core, looks like your azaleas are just a touch ahead of hours, but they're firing up pretty well!
Tom, our Ipheion are blooming, too. I don't have that particular blue one, though. Beautiful!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

We do have the white starflowers (ipheion).

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Lonicera.

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

And good old reliable Sweet William. (Dotted with pollen, of course.)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Smithfield, NC

Georgia Blue Speedwell

Thumbnail by sweetbay103
Smithfield, NC

Passalong daff

Thumbnail by sweetbay103
Smithfield, NC

Winter Honeysuckle, with Carpenter Bee

Thumbnail by sweetbay103
Smithfield, NC

Trout Lily

Thumbnail by sweetbay103

The trout lily is too cool.

Conway, SC

These are the perennial tulips for zone 8 in SC that you do not have to dig up and then chill before planting the next year. I planted 80 bulbs that are 4-5 different colors. These are the first to bloom and I think I like them. The foliage as you can tell is very slender and not wide like the Darwins, etc. I think that I ordered them from Park Seed but I know I got the information from the Carolina forum. Anyone remember this?

Thumbnail by BSD
Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

BSD - It looks like a type of Tulipa clusiana. If the flowers have dark centers it's the species http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/103395/ and if they have yellow centers it's cv. 'Lady Jane' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/103394/

Kannapolis, NC

Here's candytuft starting its flush of bloom:

This message was edited Mar 17, 2009 9:37 PM

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

Corydalis `Beth Evans' keeps getting better:

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

Bergenia `Tubby Andrews' blossom stalk shows up nicely:

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

Daffs and violas blooming at the lamp post:

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

Closeup of daffodil `Dutch Master':

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

A pot of violas, daffs, tulips and pansies:

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Conway, SC

Thanks, Tom ! They are the tilipa clusiana. I have only seen them open when they first bloomed and the bloom was at the base of the plant. Probably only 2-3". They continued to grow to 12-15" tall and have so far remained closed. I think they are beautiful. Was it you that posted the info on these tulips? If so, thanks a bunch.
B

Kannapolis, NC

Hydrangea `Lady in Red' didn't suffer from the cold temps:

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

No blooms, but here's another pot of tulips coming along:

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

Tha- tha- that's all, folks!

I may have mentioned the species tulips over the years. I buy the bulbs when Roverbanks Botanical Gardens have their Fall Bulb Sale. I bought some last fall and forgot to plant them until late January so they are just coming up now. I think I have Lady Jane and Lilac Wonder. LJ has been the better bloomer for me in the past.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Here's one of my hellebores - I got this as a small plant from Plant Delights a couple of years ago and it's grown a lot since then. I think this was one of the "PDN pink with red spots" series. Sorry the picture is a bit skewed but it's hard to hold the camera that close to the ground :)

Thumbnail by TomH3787
Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Closeup...

Thumbnail by TomH3787
Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

Tom, that's really pretty. I think I just bought that hellebore from PDN, but mine is a much duskier pink. I'll have to go take it's picture tomorrow.

Conway, SC

Thanks Ardesia. I didn't think Park Seed was where I ordered the tulips. It was Riverbank Botanical Garden and I think that you posted the web site. I wil be there Saturday for the MG Jamboree. Love that place.
B

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.