"Pink sunburst canna" help

Jacksonville, NC(Zone 8b)

I am trying to find someone who sells "pink sunburst " canna. I have checked several nurseries and everyone is sold out.Does anyone know where I could find them ?
Thanks,Lynda

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Lynda, you might try this site. http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ They show them as available , but limited. when you go to the site, click on Canna listings by variety name.

Thank you so much for the info.
Lynda

Thanks again "Drapelady" I just went to that site for the cannas,and I ordered 6. I can't wait to get them The lady on there was so nice,we ended up chatting for a while. Very nice people to deal with ,so far.
Lynda

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

She is a doll and so helpful with info. I wanted to do a co-op for her, but she said they weren't set up for that large of a volume. I love love their website. Enjoy your cannas.

Debbie

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

I think Lowes is carrying them this month. At least the ones here in Florida are.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Here is gorgeous gorgeous 'Pink Sunburst' blooming here right now. I took this photo a few days ago.
Unfortunately, we will have frost soon.
I always hate seeing the cannas finish ):

Thumbnail by Abutilon

Beautiful...always one of my favorites! Even when not in bloom, they just add so much. Yours looks awesome!

I think there's someone on ebay that is currently selling them for around $15.00.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Mine are finished blooming for the season, but I was able to get a few seeds from the one in the front bed. Hopefully there'll be more blooms next year as I was only able to harvest 6 seeds from this one. All of them are quite healthy looking though. Hopefully I'll get new plants from them.
Randy

If you're in zone 10b, they should continue to grow. Mine are still blooming. After they seed, I cut the stalk back to the ground and a new one comes up.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

You're right Mary. Mine bloom pretty much year 'round. They just don't spread like the other canna I have. They also don't produce seeds as prolifically as others. I divide my Richard Wallace and Cleopatra twice a year. The Pink Sunburst has not needed a division yet after nearly two years.

I hear you on that one! I was hoping it would spread in abundance, since it's one of my favorites...but so far, not much.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I think they are one of the slower growers. It must be nice to have a cleopatra that grows enough to actually have to divide. I did have one but it have reverted to the plain green leaves. My mother is so disappointed this year. The blooms are still the multi colored but the leaves are now just the plain green. I need to find her some better cleopatra. I had a small sunburst in a pot that I have been growing for two years. I planted that in her flowerbed this summer.. I hope it grows a little better there. It has hardly grown in the pot. The tropicanna does well in that bed so hopefully the sunburst will be happy there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.