What's wrong with my Stuttgart?

Crestview, FL

My stuttgart I've kept as my house baby, it has not been outside, don't want to put it outside and have it inside my front room in the bay window. Here are some pics and I need to know what is wrong with him? He is browning badly.

Thumbnail by joy112854
Crestview, FL

Another one:

Thumbnail by joy112854
Crestview, FL

The one on the left is the Stuttgart, the one on the right is the Peach Gigantum. Here is the final picture, please tell me what is wrong and what I should do to correct it?

Thumbnail by joy112854

Hi there. Have you checked your plant for housepest's such as Spider Mite's? If not, you may want to do so.

Rachel

Crestview, FL

Rachel: No, I haven't is there something I can use to get rid of them?
joy

Hi Joy. I would suggest neem oil if you think your plant is infected. An insecticidal soap can be used as well but it can "burn" the leave's of some plant's . I have never had to treat a canna much less the beautiful Stuttgart so I have no idea how it would re-act to the insecticidal treatment.

You can check for Spider mite's by taking a piece of paper and knocking a leaf on it.......then get out a magnifying glass ( I have to use one;-0) and look for spec's that move but be patient due to they move rather slowly. There are a few more houseplant pest's that "could" be the problem as well. I strongly suggest that you inspect your plant and any other plant that may be near this Canna.

Hope this help's.

Rachel

Crestview, FL

Rachel: Thanks, pulling out the fertilome triple action plus.
joy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.