CLOSED: Welcome Spring Swap #2

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/954671/

Well it seems a lot of peeps are ready for Spring to get here so...

I'm hosting this swap in order for all of us to get a jump on Spring decos for our yards or homes.

2 RULES:

At least one item must have the word Spring in it

Must post pictures of what you receive from your buddy

I will start taking signups on Saturday Feb 21 until March 8th then will give out names on the 9th. It would be really nice if everyone would mail gifts to their buddies before March 20th which is the 1st day of Spring. But we all understand that things come up so if you are a few days late mailing that is not a problem. Just remember Marion's famous quote "You can't hurry perfection"

These can be any kind of decos, yard stakes, stepping stones, bird feeders, whirly gigs etc.,if you prefer NOT to have a certain thing in your yard then please say so when you sign

Here are the names:

1. Cindy-purpbutfly Outside NO SNAKES!!!!
2. Stacey-Fairy1004 Outside NO RABBITS!!!
3. Betty-Bettypauze
4. Donna-ladybarber101 ^_^
5. BJ-bjwilson - Cute bug stakes
6. Linda Kay-taters55 Likes surprises!!!!
7. Chris-ClanCampbell Loves faires ^_^
8. Synda-synda
9. Dimmer- Kim (Flamingo Kim)
10. Doe41-Audrey Needs to go on ground Likes anything ^_^
11. abbisgramma-Marion NO SNAKES!!!! Ladybugs, Frogs Butters, Hummers
12. heavenscape-Jaye Frogs, turtles...
13. oldmansdarlin'- Likes surprises
14. Jen_D-
15. Robynznest-Robyn Easy likes everything ^_^
16. dispatcher1- Lou
17. sissy13- Susan No hanging decos Loves turtles (wind took away last birdhouse and still hasn't found it)
18. arejay59- Robin
19. countrymouse5a/ Melanie ^_^
20. susan505 NO TURTLES
21. TurtleChi/Susan LOVES TURTLES and gnomes
22. Bluewindancer/ Wanda
23. mcrochet/ ^_^
24. Elfs_Garden
25. deejay9/ Susie
26. Cordeledawg/Deborah/MadameButterlfy
Well it seems a lot of peeps are ready for Spring to get here so...

I'm hosting this swap in order for all of us to get a jump on Spring decos for our yards or homes.

2 RULES:

I will start taking signups on Saturday Feb 21 until March 8th then will give out names on the 9th. It would be really nice if everyone would mail gifts to their buddies before March 20th which is the 1st day of Spring. But we all understand that things come up so if you are a few days late mailing that is not a problem. Just remember Marion's famous quote "You can't hurry perfection"

These can be any kind of decos, yard stakes, stepping stones, bird feeders, whirly gigs etc.,if you prefer NOT to have a certain thing in your yard then please say so when you sign

Here are the names:

3. Betty-Bettypauze
4. Donna-ladybarber101
7. Chris-ClanCampbell Loves faires
8. Synda-synda
10. Doe41-Audrey Needs to go on ground Likes anything
14. Jen_D-
15. Robynznest-Robyn Easy likes everything
16. dispatcher1- Lou
17. sissy13- Susan No hanging decos Loves turtles (wind took away last birdhouse and still hasn't found it)
18. arejay59- Robin
19. countrymouse5a/ Melanie
20. susan505 NO TURTLES
22. Bluewindancer/ Wanda
23. mcrochet/
24. Elfs_Garden
25. deejay9/ Susie
26. Cordeledawg/Deborah/MadameButterlfyWell it seems a lot of peeps are ready for Spring to get here so...

2 RULES:

Here are the names:

3. Betty-Bettypauze
4. Donna-ladybarber101
8. Synda-synda
14. Jen_D-
16. dispatcher1- Lou
18. arejay59- Robin
20. susan505 NO TURTLES
22. Bluewindancer/ Wanda
23. mcrochet/
24. Elfs_Garden
25. deejay9/ Susie
26. Cordeledawg/Deborah/MadameButterlfyWell it seems a lot of peeps are ready for Spring to get here so...

2 RULES:

Here are the names:

3. Betty-Bettypauze
4. Donna-ladybarber101
8. Synda-synda
14. Jen_D-
16. dispatcher1- Lou
18. arejay59- Robin
20. susan505 NO TURTLES
22. Bluewindancer/ Wanda
23. mcrochet/
24. Elfs_Garden
25. deejay9/ Susie
26. Cordeledawg/Deborah/MadameButterlfy

This message was edited Mar 19, 2009 1:40 PM

This message was edited Mar 23, 2009 9:11 AM

Thumbnail by purpbutfly
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Yippee, I am first!

LK

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

OK I will be second

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I got 3/4s of 'some things' special for my swap sistah... why 3/4s?
Got to find another fast or I'll end up keeping all of them!!

There are SSSOOOOO many cute things out there. I could have spent 100's in Joann's yesterday. I'm going to HD and Lowe's this weekend to see what I can go broke buying, LOL.

Lancaster, OH(Zone 6a)

Just popping in o I can find the thread again.. Have my items ready to go..

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

I'm nearly threw just have to find the box with the other stuff I want to put in. susan

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm here too:)

Hello Stacey, are you hiding in your book somewhere?
LK

No-I was cleaning:) I did spring cleaning and our Broom, the hall upstairs, our walk in, and our bath-I am NOT going to tell you how grossed out I was with the hair balls:(

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

So did you manage to get your fabrics ready for cutting, Stacey? That will be more fun for you.
Good night everyone!

I did get them ready, not cut though-I had a migraine all yesterday:( So had non fun stuff to do today-need to get another pink to go with the tink fabric since I am doing 3 others with mine.....Mom called me to let me know she got a flier from her quilt shop that they are having a class on the dahlia quilt and wants to know if I want her to take it-not sure-trying to decide if it is worth $70....here is the pic of it....

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

That will be so pretty if you do that one! Those colors just pop, and have your name all over it!

LK

It will be B & W's for the flower and that purple mum fabric for the border....

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I have all my spring Items for my partner so I will put it together this week Looks as this must be a mystery spring box ??
will try to get it out by Friday .
have a great day

susie

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Morning.. gonna find that perfect last gift today.
Stacey, it is pretty.. does that include at least some supplies? Taking a class is good cause you'd learn NOT to make mistakes.
Around here, for a class it's $35 plus patterns, but you provide your own fabric, etc.

But.. for perfection's sake, and you will benefit from it, cost is minimal ;)

This message was edited Mar 11, 2009 9:06 AM

ATTENTIO!!!!!!

I have extended the mail out date to the week of the 23 - 27 and no later than Friday the 27th. Reason is some peeps are having a hard time finding something that says "Spring". You can write it, paint it, clay it, bead it, etc on what you are making. It does NOT have to be store bought. ^_^.

I'm having a heck of a time making up my mind to send my buddy, so I will probably be one of the late ones. ^_^ :(

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh thank you Cindy. Now I can shop for something extra special for by buddy at the festival!! One of a kind thing!!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Yeah, I have to find that one perfect gift also.

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Oh I have mine all ready to mail, I finished my gift last night, so it will go out tomorrow. Susan

Millerstown, PA(Zone 6b)

I have my items, but need to find a box. Thought the large flat rate boxes were bigger than they are. May end up finding some more goodies for my buddy till I find a box! I am just tickled with the "main" item I picked up. Had to buy 2 of them, lol!! Sure hope she loves it as much as I do!

Jye-it is like 35 just for the class, then another 35 for the pattern + the fabric-so I guess it would end up being WAY more than $70.....

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Stacey, I'm fully awake now :D
Template sets for Dahlias can be expensive. You might get a good deal if it comes with patterns AND templates.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Make your own Stacey, buy some heavy gauge plastic...

I'm waiting for Stacey to arrive not this weekend but next..3 major gardening stores to visit..am sure to find something then...hurry hurry Stacey...

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I got mine!!!! I got mine!!!!! Am I the first? Lou, (Dispatcher) sent me a beautiful stepping stone, grey, that says Welcome. and has a humming bird with 3 flowers on it! A frog plant hanger that said spring on it. AND, a bag of MnM's, pink, light green, and light blue, it says Spring on the bag!
Lou, ya did good! I have pix to share when I download them!

Wow, that was very fast! Audrey, we can't wait to see a picture of what you got! I bet you go to bed tonight with a big grin on your face?

LK

I did!!
My daughter Lisa was here from Sun. night till Wed. night. We really had a good time! She helped me do laundry across the street, and did Wanda's laundry for her. She took me out to eat twice, and bought breakfast once! I only cooked once, and she ate roast Sun. night that I had already cooked. So I didn't have to cook. She made the coffee, I don't make it strong enough! She still doesn't have a place to stay. She's staying with a co-worker/friend temporarily. Bless her heart, she tries so hard!
I'm gonna sow some seeds this week inside. It's 30 * here this morning, and sleeting and frozen rain. BRRRRR!!!!

Jaye-that is the thing-the class is 35 and doesn't include ANYTHING-the pattern is another 35 on top of that and then material on top of that...

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Stacey, you are one very intelligent lady and resourceful. Marti Mitchell has Dahlia templates that cost $48. I think, plus instructions.
If you could hunt the library down for a Dahlia pattern, maybe you could make your own templates..... wait.. I assume you are good at simple Maths too. Perhaps Maid M can suggest something too.
I like Betty's idea of doing your own templates.

Just wanted to say my SPRING LOADED Box is on the way :) Thank you cindy for letting me play along .

susie

Here is my frog we had talked about .

Thumbnail by deejay9

Susie, He is awesome. How much does he weigh? Now, is that your flower garden? I was looking at how things are laid out. Are you filling in between with soil? I've been planning mine on the BHG site trying to figure out where to put things. So do you lay the pavers first then plant? I always plant first then the pavers.

Susie, you need to post him in the Froggie room here's link

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/953765/#new

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

My package is on its way to it new home. susan

this is my new garden i did last summer it is all planted & I just hope all my plants made it through the winter .
I have all type of plants in there for full sun , I do have a few crocus popping up this week & my tulips are up about 2-3 in :)

Thank you for telling me about the frog forum I did go post him :) .

have a great evening

susie

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Good Grief, I need to get in gear!! LOL.. I'm going tomorrow to pick up a couple of things and am HOPING to get my package in the mail on Saturday. Feel like I might have finally caught whatever's been going around at work :( yuck!!

Oh no not you too. I feel like "Crud", my throat is dry and ickie,& my head aches

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Ok no sneezing on the computer and giving it to me, I'm just getting over the crud and now have alergies, yea its that time of the year. Hope ya'll fell better. Susan

I took some alkaselzer plus cold and I fell ok. No more sore throat still a little bit of a head ache.

Ladies, feel blessed that the crud is ALL you have! I had to run to the dr. yesterday about a "risin" on my back. When I told him about it he said not to wait till next week, come now! It's staph. He gave me a STRONG antibiotic. He said because I'm diabetic, don't mess around with it. It's very sore, and hard and red. It's pretty deep. Oh well, what's next?!!! This stuff will kill it!
Mine and Wanda's pressies will go in the mail by Sat.!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.