12 MONTH QUILT BLOCK SWAP 2009-10

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

THIS SWAP IS CLOSED TO NEW MEMBERS. SWITCH TO NEW THREAD http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/963844/ TO SEE PARTICIPANTS, BLOCKS AND COLORS FOR THE 12 MONTHS AND CHAT!

Quilting friends, I have been watching the 2008 12 Month Quilt Block Swap with interest and am interested in starting one for 2009-10 beginning with June 2009. I would gather names of those interested in May and would publish the names by month. We would work on a quarterly schedule so that you could work ahead if you wanted to.

Each individual would choose a pattern and colors for the blocks she wanted on her month. Each month, except the one that is yours, you will make a quilt block (and one for yourself if you choose) in the pattern and colors designated by that months' individual. Send the block to me and I will send all 12 blocks to the person whose month it is. No embroidery since some don't have that machine option, but you could choose a variety of patterns that would stretch our talents.

Block Specifics:

1. All fabric should be 100% cotton. Please wash all fabric before making block.
2. Do not use any spray starch on blocks, spray sizing is OK.
3. Remove all selvages before cutting fabric for blocks
4. Block should be 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 when finished.
5. Make 1 block to send and 1 block for yourself (optional).
6. Fabric is completely up the individual as long as it is 100% cotton.
7. Cut off date for your mailing would be the end of the month ie. the June block would need to be mailed not later than June 30th.
Do not mail ahead although you may make your block ahead of time.
8. Remember after you make a quilt we would love to see your results!!

You will be signing up for the entire year, so even if you get your blocks in the early months, remember you need to stick with us for the entire year. Others are counting on you.
If something happens and you will not be able to complete a month or the 12 months, please contact the hostess as soon as possible. I realize that everyone has a life outside of the swap, but please try to plan, so that things will go smoothly.

Anyone want to play? I'm looking for interest and gathing names for the time being.

The following have shown an interest in making the committment for a 12 month, block a month swap. We'd be glad to have others join us.
We will close at 12-13. Thirteen means you don't have to make a block the month you receive; twelve means you make for each month, even the month you receive.

1. Quilter5bdsr
2. Heavenscape
3. Babeegirl
4. Abbisgranma
5. Llilyfan
6. Luvsgarden2000
7. Taters55
8. BarefootT
9. Shuggins
10. Fleursdefouquet
11. Cheriffic
12 Suggins
13. Betty
14. Ladydragon 5

This message was edited Mar 24, 2009 1:39 PM

This thread has 111 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!