Wanted: Salvia Limelight

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Where can I order a plant or cuttings of salvia Limelight? Hopefully where the shipping isn't sky high? This is a real favorite and unfortunately it died over the winter. TIA

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

I saw seeds for this on ebay, not exactly a cutting or plant but a lot cheaper to start from seed:)

Thumbnail by annette68
Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Wonder if they are easy to grow from seeds? I know cuttings are easy to root.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Did you want to try some of my seeds for Limelight?

pretty easy, just surface sow the seed....

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Yes, thanks Melva. I forgot you had those. I'll get them next week.

Thanks, Annette...for the planting suggestion. Will try that.

Candor, NC

Anette68's sage looks like the guaranitica x vanhoutei hybrid, which I think is Purple Knight.

S. mexicana Limelight has golden chartreuse calyxes and cobalt blue flowers. It does set seed which pretty much comes true.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Yeah, I kinda wondered about that......she may have selected the wrong photo....

London, United Kingdom

Isn't it 'Black Knight', not 'Purple Knight'?

Yes it is!!!!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

How is your limelight seedling doing? Mine also died over the winter as did my cutting. It is a beauty.

Ripley, MS

Here is my limelight from 10-0-08, it has not come up yet, but I scratched down and saw a little green. I did try some seeds this yeat, but not sure if they will come true or not, does anyone know if they do come true?
Sandra

Thumbnail by slcdms
Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Maybe there is hope yet!

"S. mexicana Limelight has golden chartreuse calyxes and cobalt blue flowers. It does set seed which pretty much comes true."

New Boston, NH

High Country Gardens in New Mexico can be found on line they have it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.