Dahlias from Costco

Hampton Roads, VA(Zone 7b)

I received two Mignon dahlia tubers from a friend, which she purchased from Costco. One is pink, "Annika", and the other is yellow, "LoLo". I would like to add them to my journal but couldn't find either of them in the Plantfiles. Neither Google nor the American Dahlia Society turned up any results either, which seemed rather odd. Thought I'd check with this forum to see if these cultivars sound familiar to anyone? Thank you.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Hi Plantmover,
If you Google 'dahlia Annika' and 'dahlia Lolo' you will find copyrighted photos of each of those varieties at www.visonpictures.com. Or you can search for them at that website. There is a fee for use of each photo, if you read the terms of service, including use for electronic display.

When searching for dahlias, it helps to put the word 'dahlia' in front of the cultivar name.

Good luck with your pretties!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

COSTCO HAS TUBERS????? WHOOO HOOO....

I'm going this weekend!!!

(Like I need more...)

Ginger

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Costco tubers are the best bang for the buck IMHO if you're not particular about varieties. Usually a couple of bags accidently fall into my cart every year.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Some of my old favorites came from Costco years ago: still growing one of them. I agree, great price and usually decent growable roots in each bag. Too bad I no longer belong to Costco.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

and I can buy cheeeeeeeese.............Dubliner cheeeeeeeeeeeeese.

Ginger

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Uh oh we're going to the foodish dark side shhhhh like Quebec maple syrup and candied smoked salmon to name but a few of the evil, evil things that accidently fall into my cart and let's not talk about that new jalepeno cream cheese herby spread Mrs. Claus was wafting in front of my face the last time I was there

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dahlianut - have you seen tubers at our Costco yet? Inquiring minds want to know....Ü

Joanne

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Going tomorrow. Will send a full report ^_^

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

jalapeno cream cheese herby spread? I may have to rejoin the Costco-ites and soon!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It's very sad but my cart now knows what aisle the jalapeno cream cheese herby spead is in now. Just steers me there. I'm a a hostage to my cart. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

My cart is partial to the wine aisle......

http://gingerrambleson.blogspot.com/2009/02/superbowl-dog-shows-ice-wines.html

Ginger

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No alcohol at food stores in Alberta :(

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

In Oregon only beer & wine.

Ginger

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I could live with that ^_^

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I do ok with it :)

Ginger

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

dahlianut,
I was at the NW Costco tonight, checking out their orchids, but that's another story, anyhoo, they do have bulbs in but they come in major bulk. Most of the dahlias were 10 bulbs to a bag for about $16, I think, and anywhere from 1 to 3 different varieties per bag. I didn't pick any up - didn't want that many.

Joanne

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes they are bulk suppliers. I didn't get to the S Costco afterall. Next week for sure. Did you see any begonia tubers or hostas roots?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yup, begonia tubers, hostas, clematis, Toad Lilies (I think that's what they were), glads, etc etc. I just don't have enough grow light space any more; the orchids are hogging it all. :)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Whooo Hoo thank Jo North.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

HUmmmmm...... I hear cheese calling..anything else that jumps in my cart is not my fault.

Ginger

(Jana) Shoreline, WA(Zone 8a)

Ginger - have you had the triple cream brie from Costco?

I have to be monitored when it's in the room.

Jana

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

My mom introduced me to it when I was visiting her last month in Delaware.

:P..............so good.

She also took me to Winterthur http://www.winterthur.org/

Talk about plant heaven....

Ginger

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.