Help ID Please

Coushatta, LA

This is an old Irise and i don't know the name of it.This is the first one that has bloomed so far.So please if anyone knows l need to know the id.

Thanks,Cody

Thumbnail by TheAngelGirl
Coushatta, LA

Picture 2.

Coushatta, LA

Picture 3.This is the inside of it.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2009 12:14 PM

Coushatta, LA

Picture 4.This is the inside of it.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2009 12:12 PM

Coushatta, LA

Picture 5.This is the inside of it.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2009 12:13 PM

Kannapolis, NC

Cody: I can't ID your iris, but it is gorgeous!

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Angie,i don't think no one knows what the name of it is.

Cody

Raleigh, NC

Rosegirl, I can't even tell from the photo what kind of iris it is. sorry.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

It is a bearded, you can see the beard in the first picture.

Cody, there are many bearded irises this color. Did you purchase it, and if so, do you have a list of the names of the ones you purchased?

Unfortunately you may never find out, but it's lovely,anyway.

Raleigh, NC

sorry Polly, I meant form - I can't see anything for the flopped form, except yes, the beard LOL!! but you are right, there's so many this color there's no way to be sure what it is.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I think sometimes we just have to love them, named or not.

Coushatta, LA

Polly,it is a old one my husband has had for a long time.The other pictures their is the inside and the middle of the irise.

Cody

Raleigh, NC

it's still no good rosegirl - I know there's got to be over 100 irises that color. probably 30 of them are old ones. just no way to tell without comparing side by side.

Coushatta, LA

Ok Bonnie,thanks anyway.

Cody

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes, sorry Cody. If you follow this forum, you'll see it happens a lot. There are so many registered bearded irises, it's really hard to tell. Sometimes if someone knows what they bought, some of the really good iris people on here can narrow it down, but if it's an unknown to begin with, it's very hard if not impossible.

Coushatta, LA

Thanks any way Polly.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

You're welcome. Sorry. It's a beautiful iris, enjoy.

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Polly,i will.

Kingston, NY(Zone 5b)

Hello Cody,

Your historic iris looks to be from about the 1920s-30's. While there are a number of dark purples, few have such a light colored beard.
Is it short.. say under 2 feet? Flower about the size of your hand? If yes to these - it may be Eleanor Roosevelt http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/33210/

The petals actually look like it may be a larger bloom...?? If you could take a picture of the stalk (even with spent blooms) next to a yardstick to give the height, may be helpful. On close ups, I often put my pen, or my finger, up to the bloom to get a consistant size relationship.

It is a great color - hope you get an ID on it.
hespiris

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Hespiris,i will have too do that.

Cody

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.