Candyce

New Boston, NH

Never see Candyce here lately is she ok?

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Yes - she posted yesterday.

She posted yesterday but has not been around for a couple of months or so.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Oh, how nice to be missed! Makes the living all the more worthwhile to have friends like my DG buddies.

I get side-tracked in January and February, and don't post much. This year I've been working on genealogies. Time consuming. Addicting. And fun.

Now I have Spring Fever, and wish the snow would go away so that I could see how the gardens have fared since the big ice storm.

OH That Fl______ ice storm!!!! argh

Oh yes!
I have 'fond' memories of it, too!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi Candyce. Good to hear from you. Eleanor

Hi Eleanor!

I've missed you.

I should have a little more time to post for the next few days. A friend is taking care of Colin for a while. I hope it's not for too long but I fell off a stage and bruised my ribs and I'm not able to lift him. I was fooling around on the stage during a rehearsal break and I turned around and the stage floor wasn't there anymore!!! I fell onto my right side and it is extremely painful. If I was sitting on the piano bench like I was supposed to, I'd be fine today. Poor Colin probably thinks his grammy has abandoned him like his mother did. Oh well, it's giving me plenty of time to dream about spring and do some planning for my gardens. Eleanor

Ouch! Feel better, Eleanor. Nice to see you posting though.

Thanks Victor. Eleanor

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Eleanor, I too am happy to see you posting again but not that your hurt! Take it easy and rest, and enjoy the gardening dreams!!

Oh Eleanor!
Ouch!
Get better soon, my friend!

Thanks Celeste and Candyce. I had a follow-up visit at the doctor's office today and it sounds like I'm not going to be feeling better for about 6-8 weeks. I got a list of "shouldn't do" and it was quite long. I am back to watching Colin because he doesn't do well when his routine is upset. I can't lift, pull, reach, bend, twist etc. It is hard not to do those things but I can manage Colin except for putting him in the car seat. If he needs to go somewhere (like his school speech group) someone else has to transport him. I can't get down on the floor to play with him and I think that is the hardest to accept. My ribs better be healed by the time the snow has melted or else!!! Eleanor

Ugh! Feel better, Eleanor.

Oh dear, take care.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Eleanor im sorry! I hope you listen and do what your suppose to. The healing time will only be prolonged if you miss behave, so be GOOD!!! lol
I fully understand about the importance of routine with any child, but I find it's even more so in children with special needs. Even if you can't get on the floor with him right now it's only temporary...your there and thats whats really important. Big Hugs for you but not squeezing so hard as to hurt the ribs^_^ ((((Eleanor))))

I'm so sorry, too, Eleanor! I know how great it is to be able to get down on the floor to play with the kiddos, even if there are days when I almost can't get back up again. So it must be frustrating for you to not 'play' with Colin as you are used to doing. But, you MUST take care of you, too! That's important.

I pray that you will heal quickly and that Colin doesn't become too much of a handful for you while you are recovering.

Soft hugs to you!

Thanks so much for the hugs!! You guys are the greatest. Eleanor

South Hamilton, MA

Do well, Colin needs you for longer than floor time.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, just found this thread. Please take care of those ribs. Hugs to Colin, too.

Thanks Lucy and Jan! Eleanor

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Eleanor!!! please be CAREFUL! Be good to yourself so you can be good to Colin so he will be good to you when you get old. Yes, kids are VERY sensitive to thinking they're being abandoned, especially if they've actually maybe been looked at funny once or twice the way an ordinary kid is.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.