Watering restriction changes

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, they finally got a little smarter and are allowing watering via drip irrigation or soaker hoses. The odd even days still apply, but you can water for an hour each day. That 25 minutes with a hose end sprayer was just a waste of time and water. This is much better. Here's the AJC article. http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2009/03/03/georgia_drought_restrictions.html

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Becky, I guess I never knew because I've always (since I've been here-2006) watered my borders with soaker hoses. I mentioned it a bunch of times before. Watering with a hose makes absolutely no sense, water or plant wise! My soaker hoses are on timer twice a week only! for 10 minutes!!!!! at 7am. IF it has been a really hot few days I will manually adjust the timer for an extra 10 minutes, but truly that's all. Hopefully I will also grow stronger rootsystem, but hey that's just gutfeeling I'm not a MG.of course
But not watering will only help erosion, we should not, not water or have plantings, it all gets too dry then. Birds & the bees !

Lula, GA

Our extension agent mentioned using a spigot attachment that you can hook 4 hoses to. They don't mention how many soakers you can run in the water restrictions/water use, do they?
The rate of dispersment is one gallon of water, per foot of hose that is running for one hour.
Hope we don't have a year like last year! I agree, Tulip, with your philosophy!

Brenda B

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I have one of these with 4 openings, you get very low pressure tho if you have them all on at once. so, I guess you would only get a 4th of a gallon per foot.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2009 11:30 AM

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

We've had plenty of rain here in Norcross.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.