Please I need your help in naming my two Coleus!

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi Guys,

I tried to find them in the files but I am not very good at it.

Would anyone know these types?

Pic 1

Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty

Hi Guys,

Pic2

Debi

P.S. It has purple flowers

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Glen Riddle Lima, PA

hmmm-

not sure. do you have pictures of the whole plant from further back? are these cutting grown or from seed? they could both pass for a few named varieties...

a good resource is the coleus finder where you can do a search based on color and leaf shape or browse: www.coleusfinder.org

This message was edited Mar 2, 2009 11:57 PM

Hello Guys,

For the third time of trying,

Pic 2

Full Plant, with the ruffeld edges, colored red & yellow. Very Pretty purple flowers but do know how much sun or shade they need?

Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty

Me Again,

Pic 1

The colour of this will change with the amount of sun it gets. Hasn't flowered as yet.

Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty

Hi Guys, Please help me give this Coleus it's correct name.

I have searched the files and was not confident in picking a name.

Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Debi,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Coleus.
First off, when a coleus starts to bloom I traditionally pinch off the bloom and pair of leaves with it. When a coleus sets seeds it gets nature's signal that it has completed it's job and starts to go down hill. Pinching the growing tips will encourage branching and give you a more bushy shape. Pinching makes them continue to thrive.

Is it getting warm now where you live? What is the low temperature at night? If it's still below 60ºF, just set them out during the day. Coleus do not like big changes in temperature.
Harden them off slowly.

In MHO, I believe the first and last coleus above is Wizard Scarlet. The Wizard series is a shade loving.
The second coleus needs some time in the sun to see what it's going be.
Can we send coleus cuttings to you from the US?
Good luck,
Sugar

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.