Show us your Snow

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

At least 2" so far, this was taken earlier.

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Squirrell seems to be blaming me!

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Poor birds were confused too. They don't like digging thru snow so I'm glad they were feeding earlier.

Thumbnail by violabird
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

This is Atlanta, few hours ago. Snow still falling although much less dry now. I'm sure my tulips are as confused as your birds were!

Thumbnail by TulipLady
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Close-up. I believe the tulips are "Wilhelmina" but not 100% sure. Such a beautiful bright orange amidst the white snow!

Thumbnail by TulipLady
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Can't get a pic to go through.. 3 inches or so in Lizella today. Melted now.. just wet and cold. We also had 3 inches or rain yesterday morning. We came through the tornado area in Alabama on the way home from Texas yesterday. So sorry for those folks. I know how they feel.

Elaine

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

early Sunday, we didn't even think it was going to stick

Thumbnail by fremar
Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

there's nothing wrong with the camera, those huge white spots on the picture are the biggest snow flakes I've seen in years

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

believe it or not we haven't had enough snow before now to build a decent snowman so
this is the first snowman my son and I have built (he's almost 17)

Thumbnail by fremar
Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

this was early on we wound up with 8 inches of snow

Thumbnail by fremar
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Our dogs had a stare down with our neighbor's snowman.

Birds at the feeder.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

We were at the gas station when it started coming down in big flakes.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

You got some good pics with the flakes in the air fremar. Nice snowman. It seemed to melt a lot early on in the storm, so we only accumulated about 1.5 inches of snow/ice.
Vi - love the birds and squirrel. They were confused around here, too.
Beautiful tulips Coby.

Front yard from the porch.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Hcmcdole, Nice snowfall.

Butterfly bushes, azaleas, etc. snow covered.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

I just put up the hummingbird feeder on Friday. I little early I guess. The dome sure collected snow.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Sorry this is so dark. The red cardinals were sure pretty against all that white.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

nice pics everyone, I'm jealous. We didn't get any snow that stuck although we were in Commerce when it started and they had several inches. Becky, do you usually put up your hummer feeders in early March? My records show we get our first hummers about April 1 so I usually wait until the last week of March.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

What fun. At least we have our once a year snow documented.
I think the tulip shot wins!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey Guys! It was raining all morning Sunday then about 2:30 the biggest flakes Ive ever seen started down. I couldnt get over how fast the snow covered everything! This was at 2:30

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

My camera didnt catch the size of the flakes the way I had hoped but here you can see how thick the snow was coming down

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

This was at 2:45!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

My back yard!
This morning I had 4" of snow on everything! I had to break the ice off the car to get into it!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Eufaula, what a winter wonderland! Beautiful trees.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Eufaula - love those trees and the huge flakes.

Pam, I usually leave a HB feeder up all year, but took it down because of all the temps in the 20s. There have been sitings of rufous wintering in GA so I keep one out there just in case. None so far, of course. I usually get my first ruby-throat early April.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

This is the front yard Sun afternoon about 4:00. My son was so happy that there was no school yesterday, even though he had a 'bug' and couldn't go out. I know, meanie mother! lol It's slowly melting.
Tuliplady, it's hard to believe that there was that much snow in Ga! ;) Your tulips are beautiful!

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Tulips are totally back up! Unbelievalbe. Here's few pics of our Husky. His inner snowdog really came out!

Thumbnail by TulipLady
(Zone 7b)

We got 5 inches here and some broken limbs our power was off for 14 hours and i lost a whole incubator full of eggs

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace
(Zone 7b)

The trees were really bent over the snow was so heavy

(Zone 7b)

My poor yellow Bells were just getting pretty too

(Zone 7b)

Funny how Sunday my Yard looked like this and today it's 70 something and my buttercups are blooming.
Georgia Weather you got to love it ^_^

(Zone 7b)

My Dog did seem to enjoy it and he's not dead just rollin in the snow LOL

How cute, he was having fun! Your pics are amazing , it looks like a winter wonderland!
I'm glad it's warming up, ready to get out in the sun!

(Zone 7b)

Oh Yes it's really warming up and i hope it stays this way i'm so tired of the cold ^_^

Me too! I tell hubby I must be getting old because this year I have been so
cold that it hurt! Bring on the Spring!!

(Zone 7b)

My Grandma use to say "I can Feel it in my Bones" LOL

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Harmony, great snow pics. So sorry about your eggs. Will you be trying again? Becky

(Zone 7b)

Yes I'm Collecting more i just hope my hens will give me 63 more LOL

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh Harmony - I am SO sorry about the eggs! We lost power for 3 days and I thought "I wish I could heat the barn!"

I know we got close to 8 inches.

Thumbnail by Jenks
Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

My dogs loved it too!

Thumbnail by Jenks
Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

We got almost 8" here and had no power for two days.

Thumbnail by frausnow

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.