Great English (or Scottish/Irish) Films

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

There are so many fun ones. Some have been recently mentioned in threads here - Waking Ned Divine, Full Monty, Calendar Girls (was that English - if it wasn't it should have been!).

One of my all-time faves is Mrs. Palfry at the Claremont. So sweet and that fact it has that yummy Rupert in it doesn't hurt at all.

Recently I rented Saving Grace from Netflix and loved that one.

Then there was that funeral one last year - let me look it up - Death at a Funeral - absolutely hilarious.

I loved The Holiday which was an American movie but filmed partly in England so does that count? Part of why I like English movies is I like to see the countryside and homes and whatnot and I loved both the little English cottage and also the inside of Jude Law's house (which for all I know was done on an L.A. set but they did a good job - even had an Aga in the kitchen!).

What else? I liked The Bank Job esp the first part. Once people started dying it lost some of its appeal for me. Kinky Boots - so much fun.

Who else has favorite English - or Scottis or Irish - movies?

This thread has 83 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!