Healthy Lifestyle Support Thread Feb. 28 - March 6 2009

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Here we are, getting ready to enter the 3rd month of this year. It looks as tho March is going to come in like a lion for most of us. We are suppose to get up to 3" of snow. I remember 1975. We were due to leave for the Bahama's for the last 3 days of Feb. thru the first 2 days of March. The day we left we woke up to a predicted horrible snow storm. The worse seen in decades. We had already had quite a bit of snow that winter. Jack tried to clean the drive but our tractor wasn't up to the job. A neighbor came with his 4wd pickup and got it stuck in our drive. He went home and got a much larger tractor and finally got us out of the drive. He then cleaned the road the 2 miles to the highway where the state had been busy cleaning & sanding. We got to Sedalia & left the car at my mother's. We also left 3 children to be picked up by family members. I don't remember who took us to the train which took us to St. Louis. We stayed the night with one of Jack's cousins whose son took us to the airport. By the end of the day we were in the Bahamas & it was about 70*. They had more snow while we were gone so it was a mess when we got home.

Last night I slept with no support at all on my wrist for the first time since the last day of Nov. I did some typing last night with no support & got along alright. I am bare wristed now too. I did wear an arthritis glove with a heavy wide band around my wrist all day. I also had the new brace I bought at WalMart to wear when doing heavyer work.

Debbie, have a wonderful anniversary & enjoy your son's wedding. I'm so glad you aren't sick at this time.

Kim, having the day off is probably a good idea. I agree that irritating the injury as little as possible is a good idea. It may help with whatever inflammation might be in the area. Like you, I don't really think some of this same day surgery is very sound medical practice. I remember the ads on TV years ago where the hospital person would say "Now wouldn't you really rather be at home in your own bed the same day?" I would answer, "No, I want someone to take care of me the day I have surgery."

I'm going to get the eggplant seeds I want from another DGer. A company he is ordering seeds from carrys the Gretal seeds so he will order mine. I'll pay for the seeds plus help with S & H & the postage to get them to me. I just couldn't see almost $8 s & h for a $3 pkg of 15 seeds.

Pebble, do you have the flu or a cold? I will add you to my prayer list. The black beans cooked up nicely. It is the first time I have cooked dried beans & not burned them. lol.

I'm getting sleepy so I think I'll close for now. ~~~~~ to everyone. GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 54 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!